The Student Room Group

Msc Finance Suggestions

Hi, I am an international student looking to pursue Msc Finance program in UK. Can you please help me suggest some good business school, where should I apply (wrt program reputation amoung employers). Also I am familiar with Oxibridge, LBS, LSE so I am hoping for suggestions other than them.

P.s. My aim is to get into finance or investment jobs after completing the program.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Reply 1
Hi if your sole aim is breaking into IB, at masters level in the UK, banks only tend to look at candidates from target unis, so different to UG level (where they also look at semi-targets). So here is a list of Uni's you should be looking at:
Target (masters)-LBS, LSE, Oxbridge, ICL, UCL (Warwick is a maybe)
Original post by Ackman
Hi if your sole aim is breaking into IB, at masters level in the UK, banks only tend to look at candidates from target unis, so different to UG level (where they also look at semi-targets). So here is a list of Uni's you should be looking at:
Target (masters)-LBS, LSE, Oxbridge, ICL, UCL (Warwick is a maybe)

Hi, thank you for the reply.
And what what are some good universities for entry level finance jobs such as equity research or risk management.
Original post by Colonel_Mustard
Hi, thank you for the reply.
And what what are some good universities for entry level finance jobs such as equity research or risk management.

Just the ones the previous poster mentioned (LSE, Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and Warwick). Others won't help too much if you don't have an undergrad from a target uni
Original post by BenRyan99
Just the ones the previous poster mentioned (LSE, Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial, UCL and Warwick). Others won't help too much if you don't have an undergrad from a target uni

Hi Ben, Thank you for the reply.

I have received two offers: 1) Msc Financial Analysis and Fund Management from University of Exeter. 2)Msc Finance And Management from Cranfield University. Should I join any one of these program?
Hi, I am an international student looking to pursue Msc Finance program in UK. Can you please help me suggest some good business school, where should I apply (wrt program reputation amoung employers). Also I am familiar with Oxibridge, LBS, LSE so I am hoping for suggestions other than them.

P.s. My aim is to get into finance or investment jobs after completing the program.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @Colonel_Mustard

Can I suggest you take a look at Warwick Business School's MSc Finance course? You can find details here.

We're currently ranked 3rd in the UK by The Financial Times, and are a CFA-affiliated university. You can find out info on our graduate destinations on this page, or download our graduate destinations brochure here.

Take a look and let me know if you have any questions! :smile:
Eleanor
WBS Marketing Team
Reply 6

I have received two offers: 1) Msc Financial Analysis and Fund Management from University of Exeter. 2)Msc Finance And Management from Cranfield University. Should I join any one of these program?

Exeter is the better option, but try to get into a target uni, IB is very competitive and these are types of universities your competition will be applying from.

Hi Colonel_Mustard!

Congratulations on your offers!

I'm sure you've already looked at the website for the Finance and Management MSc, where there's lots of information on the course content, and employment information:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/masters-courses/finance-and-management
If you scroll down there is a section titled "Your Career", which says:

Our Finance and Management MSc graduates have secured jobs with organisations including PricewaterhouseCoopers, Barclays Investment Bank, Bloomberg, Bank Indonesia, Lloyds Banking Group, Credit Agricole, Diageo, Ernst & Young, Thomson Reuters, Toyota, UBS and Morgan Stanley. Their roles have included Data Analyst, Financial Planner, Consultant, Private Equity Analyst and Financial Risk Manager.

We have a dedicated careers service that runs lots of workshops and trainings on employability, and can help with things like writing a CV and preparing for job interviews. They also run lots of careers and networking events throughout the year, to maximise your employment opportunities.

You can also read our blogs, most of which are written by students. There's one for the course but you can also browse and read more general posts about life here in Cranfield:
https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/category/leadership-management/fm

Is there anything else you'd like to know about Cranfield or the course?

Katherine
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending