The Student Room Group

Newham Collegiate Sixth Form - Maths

To anyone who attends NCS or just knows, if students are taking maths and further maths, does the school teach maths a level for the first year and then further maths for the second year or do they do them simultaneously?
Also if anyone knows what Brampton, lae or HWSF do that would be very cool !
Original post by JustAStudent04
To anyone who attends NCS or just knows, if students are taking maths and further maths, does the school teach maths a level for the first year and then further maths for the second year or do they do them simultaneously?
Also if anyone knows what Brampton, lae or HWSF do that would be very cool !

Maths and Further Maths are separate subjects and are hence taught separately. This would apply to al UK schools.
Original post by Bree_Dav
Maths and Further Maths are separate subjects and are hence taught separately. This would apply to al UK schools.

Some schools like my current school do maths in the first year and further maths in the second year for those studying both, I don't know what other schools do it though
Original post by JustAStudent04
Some schools like my current school do maths in the first year and further maths in the second year for those studying both, I don't know what other schools do it though

I'd say just email the school and find out. Tell them the situation and their email's online on their website. And plus, the fact you're asking now will make them know that you really want to go to NCS. It can't hurt to email them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending