The Student Room Group

No one believes me uni

All through my GCSEs and A-levels i would always come out of an exam thinking i failed and when people would ask me how i think i done i would say bad. However, I'd then come out with A grades. I know people probably think im the type of person who would say i done bad looking for attention but i would genuinely think i failed and i would be embarrassed when i done well because people would say "i thought u failed". Now it's like a joke when my parents ask me how i done in a test and i say bad they're like that's great as in bad means good you know. Idk how i never really studied in school i just seemed to remember stuff from class. Anyway now i'm in uni and i'm really struggling i feel like lockdown affected my memory because i can't remember anything. I tried to talk to my parents and tell them because i had an exam and i knew nothing the only reason i may have passed was because it was open book so i could use lecture notes for recall stuff. They don't believe me when i say im struggling now and that im worried i wont get into next year because i dont think ill pass these exams. It's so frustrating because i really am struggling now and i cant remember the content idk what was different with school but i just remembered it all and didn't have to study. Now i'm trying to read over notes and i cant even remember doing the lecture and i cant recall what i just read. idk what to do. Part of me wants to fail so that they'll listen to me.
Original post by holly0212
All through my GCSEs and A-levels i would always come out of an exam thinking i failed and when people would ask me how i think i done i would say bad. However, I'd then come out with A grades. I know people probably think im the type of person who would say i done bad looking for attention but i would genuinely think i failed and i would be embarrassed when i done well because people would say "i thought u failed". Now it's like a joke when my parents ask me how i done in a test and i say bad they're like that's great as in bad means good you know. Idk how i never really studied in school i just seemed to remember stuff from class. Anyway now i'm in uni and i'm really struggling i feel like lockdown affected my memory because i can't remember anything. I tried to talk to my parents and tell them because i had an exam and i knew nothing the only reason i may have passed was because it was open book so i could use lecture notes for recall stuff. They don't believe me when i say im struggling now and that im worried i wont get into next year because i dont think ill pass these exams. It's so frustrating because i really am struggling now and i cant remember the content idk what was different with school but i just remembered it all and didn't have to study. Now i'm trying to read over notes and i cant even remember doing the lecture and i cant recall what i just read. idk what to do. Part of me wants to fail so that they'll listen to me.

You shouldn't care what people think. If your parents aren't listening to you, sit down and make sure that they know that you are struggling. Maybe talk to your lecturers and see if they can help. Don't fail on purpose, it may be bad for your final grade. If they still don't listen, just carry on revising and try your best. .
Reply 2
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
You shouldn't care what people think. If your parents aren't listening to you, sit down and make sure that they know that you are struggling. Maybe talk to your lecturers and see if they can help. Don't fail on purpose, it may be bad for your final grade. If they still don't listen, just carry on revising and try your best. .

My exams are so soon like i had one last friday and then ive one tomorrow. I just didn't learn anything all year. I'm not thinking of failing on purpose its just i really feel like i will fail because idk anything but they dont believe me because i would always said i failed but this time it could actually be true because of how im struggling. I'm trying my best to cram as much content in the day before and pass but i still don't think it's enough. If i did fail they would actually listen to me but obviously i dont want to fail even though im not really enjoying uni i want to drop out on my own terms you know like not have failed and be forced out. I know i can repeat the exams but idk if i would because i would still leave the repeat to the last minute to try cram everything in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending