The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Best Accommodation at University of Edinburgh?

I'm going to be a first-year undergraduate international student at Edinburgh in the fall. I don't want to put any further weight on me as I'm coming from outside Scotland, so thinking I will be catered. I think that limits me to Pollock Halls, but what's the best in your opinion in the Pollock Halls then? Any specific distinctions as to why it makes it the best?
Original post by Ibex340
I'm going to be a first-year undergraduate international student at Edinburgh in the fall. I don't want to put any further weight on me as I'm coming from outside Scotland, so thinking I will be catered. I think that limits me to Pollock Halls, but what's the best in your opinion in the Pollock Halls then? Any specific distinctions as to why it makes it the best?

I am also applying for Pollock. I have been advised by recent Edi grads to stay away from Chancellor's Court. Apparently there's a high proportion of boarding school pupils and they can be very cliquey.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by tjlba1101
I am also applying for Pollock. I have been advised by recent Edi grads to stay away from Chancellor's Court. Apparently there's a high proportion of boarding school pupils and they can be very cliquey.

Yeah it seems like all the posh people would go there anyway. How about like the other halls?
Original post by Ibex340
Yeah it seems like all the posh people would go there anyway. How about like the other halls?

The older cheaper ones are all decent - Baird, Ewing, Grant, Turner and Lee House. The best varies year by year, sort of luck of the draw really

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending