The Student Room Group

London Physiotherapy BSc 2021

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread of people who will be starting at one of the London unis for Physio BSc this September.

I applied to SGUL, Kings, UEL, LSBU and Brunel and I think I'll head to Kings. What is everyone else thinking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by physio2021
I thought it would be interesting to start a thread of people who will be starting at one of the London unis for Physio BSc this September.

I applied to SGUL, Kings, UEL, LSBU and Brunel and I think I'll head to Kings. What is everyone else thinking?

im trying to decide between st mary's, brunel and lsbu :smile:
Reply 2
I have my interview for St george's in the morning 😱this is my top choice so wish me luck
Hey all! Yeah this'll be an interesting thread! I applied to exactly the same unis as @physio2021. What made you pick King's over the others? So difficult to decide without in person open days haha!

I think I'm going to head to Brunel, haven't firmed yet though incase I change my mind.

Good luck @Josie93!
Original post by Josie93
I have my interview for St george's in the morning 😱this is my top choice so wish me luck

Had mine this morning too. How did you find it?
Reply 5
Original post by PStevens
Had mine this morning too. How did you find it?

Oh cool, I thought I was alone! I think I found it OK, really not sure. The upload bit took ages though!

How about you?
Original post by Josie93
Oh cool, I thought I was alone! I think I found it OK, really not sure. The upload bit took ages though!

How about you?

Same. Had to contact SG interviews team to say I had issues with One Drive. Contacted the admissions team just after 12pm to ask them to put me through to interview team but they were shut between 12-2pm 😂

Ended up using Mytransfer in the end. Good luck 👍
Reply 7
I did email while I was uploading saying I was struggling, they said that if I need more time they'll give me till 3.30pm! But managed to do it ask in the end.

Good luck with your application, I'll let you know how I get on
Reply 8
Brunel looks absolutely amazing! Unfortunately my life is too much in London for me to move out but I always dreamed of going to a campus uni and everything about it seems fantastic - I'm very jealous of anyone who's heading there

I think I'll go to KCL as it's 15 min walk from where I currently live, great reputation (in case I ever decide to move away from Physio it carries a lot of weight), has great links with hospitals for placements and they've got a really strong musical theatre society which is what I trained in before.
Brunel looks absolutely amazing! Unfortunately my life is too much in London for me to move out but I always dreamed of going to a campus uni and everything about it seems fantastic - I'm very jealous of anyone who's heading there

I think I'll go to KCL as it's 15 min walk from where I currently live, great reputation (in case I ever decide to move away from Physio it carries a lot of weight), has great links with hospitals for placements and they've got a really strong musical theatre society which is what I trained in before.

No way?! I trained in Musical Theatre too! Haha, snap!

KCL is also up there for my choices too - for the same reasons as you say... great rep etc. !

I live in West London so Brunel is about 50 mins on the tube from me (and KCL is about an hour), though I do like the idea of going to uni in central London (easier to do stuff after class, see friends etc.), I just get the sense that Brunel might be a better fit for me in terms of what they offer. Haven't firmed yet anyway - going to see if anything sways my decision in the next month or so.
Reply 10
I can't believe that they've only just finished interviews at St George's! I wonder if they interviewed a lot more people this year than they did previously?

Anyone else desperate for the courses to begin? I'm so excited already and have to keep reminding myself it's still a good few months away
I can't believe that they've only just finished interviews at St George's! I wonder if they interviewed a lot more people this year than they did previously?

Anyone else desperate for the courses to begin? I'm so excited already and have to keep reminding myself it's still a good few months away

I had my St George’s interview on 20/4. I was told it was the last date of interview so feel very fortunate to have been included. How did you find the interview process?

I’m a sports therapist wanting to retrain as a physio so fingers crossed.
Reply 12
Does anyone hear back later from Kings after interview? I haven't yet heard. Shall I assume I am rejected?
Original post by vlrwong
Does anyone hear back later from Kings after interview? I haven't yet heard. Shall I assume I am rejected?

Definitely wouldn’t assume you’re rejected. I have a zoom interview with them this Wednesday.
Reply 14
Definitely wouldn’t assume you’re rejected. I have a zoom interview with them this Wednesday.

Are u home or international ? And may I ask when you applied ?
Original post by vlrwong
Are u home or international ? And may I ask when you applied ?

I’m in/from the U.K. I applied middle of February
Reply 16
Just received an offer 🍾🍾🍾🍾
Original post by Josie93
Just received an offer 🍾🍾🍾🍾

Congratulations 🥳👍 I trust you’re going to accept?
Reply 18
Congratulations 🥳👍 I trust you’re going to accept?

Yes definitely 🎉 have you heard anything?
Hi,

I will be a mature student starting in September. I am choosing between King's and George's. George's is smaller but King's is closer!
What is everyone else doing? Any other mature students out there?
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending