The Student Room Group

How to Defer entry at the University of Essex for an unconditional offer?

I have already applied and have an unconditional offer for my course on UCAS Track, I am yet to select it as my firm choice. Since I applied I have changed my mind on wanting to go this year and now wish to attend next year. I have a month to reply to my offers. What is the process of deferring the offer of my choice from my current position?
Phone up (or email - phone is quicker) with your UCAS Personal ID to hand and explain you wish to defer. Nine times out of ten they will be more than happy to accommodate this and will update their offer in Track to reflect your deferred year
Original post by jennybear
Phone up (or email - phone is quicker) with your UCAS Personal ID to hand and explain you wish to defer. Nine times out of ten they will be more than happy to accommodate this and will update their offer in Track to reflect your deferred year

If I wanted to defer my uni. Would I have to redo my personal statement and references?
Original post by RosesOnRaindrops
If I wanted to defer my uni. Would I have to redo my personal statement and references?

Not if the uni allow you to defer for a year

Your confirmed place would just be for 2022 entry rather than 2021.
It just sits there until you go in 2022. You do not need to 'reapply'.

As the others have said - assuming you get the grades you can just ask to change the year of entry
Original post by jennybear
As the others have said - assuming you get the grades you can just ask to change the year of entry

But you should ask now - and not wait until you have your grades in August

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending