The Student Room Group

do lesbian girls value height as much as straight girls do?

Straight girls seem positively obsessed with height, I read 5'3'' girls say they ''only'' date guys 6' and over.

Do lesbian girls also prefer tall women?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I doubt so many straight girls are obsessed with height as you make it seem..
There are some women interested in women that prefer tall and others that prefer short, and plenty that dont care either way.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Nope. In fact it's a common joke in the community that masc/butch/stud lesbians are short. I would say that lesbians generally don't have the same opinions about height as het women. I certainly don't and it kind of pisses me off when I see het women set that as a requirement.
Original post by Anonymous
Straight girls seem positively obsessed with height, I read 5'3'' girls say they ''only'' date guys 6' and over.

Well a lesbian couple can't both choose a taller partner.
if by value, you mean prefer a specific height, quite possible; but if you mean prefer a taller height then that couldn't work since the average women is much shorter than the average man and we're talking about lesbians
Original post by Paul Vincent
Well a lesbian couple can't both choose a taller partner.

Just both trying to out-height the other person lol
Reply 6
I mean height is height nothing too serious, people have their own preferences with height :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by souelle
I mean height is height nothing too serious, people have their own preferences with height :tongue:

from what Ive seen it is quite serious and most women say that they prefer tall men
Yes. It's almost equally the same in my opinion, a little less for lesbians compared to straight girls wanting tall men. I knew a couple 5'0 lesbians who'd only want to date someone taller. Lesbians who were fine with the same height, some who didn't care. Most lesbians I knew were submissive, so wanted a taller partner to feel more dominated I guess.
Reply 9

a 5ft 2 lesbian will face much less height discrimination from other lesbians than a 5ft 2 male will from straight women
Original post by ANM775
a 5ft 2 lesbian will face much less height discrimination from other lesbians than a 5ft 2 male will from straight women.

Your comment is quite right!
Original post by Foxehh
I doubt so many straight girls are obsessed with height as you make it seem..
There are some women interested in women that prefer tall and others that prefer short, and plenty that dont care either way.

A lot are though. And the shorter they are the higher their expectations! We have had this conversation so many times and it's hilarious.
Usually some 5ft or a little over girls will want a 6ft man of taller....
It's like having £5,000 in the bank and you now say let's go buy a Lamborghini...

For the question in hand, lesbian or bisexual women as much less obsessed with height.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Just both trying to out-height the other person lol

:adore:
Reply 13
Original post by Lucifer323
A lot are though. And the shorter they are the higher their expectations! We have had this conversation so many times and it's hilarious.
Usually some 5ft or a little over girls will want a 6ft man of taller....
It's like having £5,000 in the bank and you now say let's go buy a Lamborghini...

For the question that in hand, lesbian or bisexual women as much less obsessed with height.

A lot still isnt the same as all. And to be completely fair a lot of men wouldnt date a girl taller than them so its a bit odd to hold against women for.
I dont think Ive talked to you, ever, actually, most certainly not about this. Unless you were on another account...
Original post by Foxehh
A lot still isnt the same as all. And to be completely fair a lot of men wouldnt date a girl taller than them so its a bit odd to hold against women for.
I dont think Ive talked to you, ever, actually, most certainly not about this. Unless you were on another account...

No I don't think we talked to each other but I am just answering what you said as there have been many conversations about this one. Women are mysterious creatures. We all agree on this... And as mysterious as they are they associate height with protection, strength safety, and dominance. If you are a man it makes you laugh quite a lot...

think it depends on the girl but most of the time i don’t see lesbians really making a fuss over height
Reply 16
Original post by Lucifer323
No I don't think we talked to each other but I am just answering what you said as there have been many conversations about this one. Women are mysterious creatures. We all agree on this... And as mysterious as they are they associate height with protection, strength safety, and dominance. If you are a man it makes you laugh quite a lot...

Thats not very confusing to understand, I assume you're much less likely to pick a fight with a guy a foot taller than you than you are a guy a foot shorter- because you know they're stronger just due to their size. It seems like a rational conclusion to come to if the woman is attracted to that sort of thing...
Would you date a woman taller than you?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Foxehh
Thats not very confusing to understand, I assume you're much less likely to pick a fight with a guy a foot taller than you than you are a guy a foot shorter- because you know they're stronger just due to their size. It seems like a rational conclusion to come to if the woman is into that sort of thing...
Would you date a woman taller than you?

I am 5'10 and probably a little taller and I have dated before taller women. Not that taller than me but slightly taller. But to most men if not all, height is not an issue.
I am a lesbian and height does not make any difference
Original post by Prettygirly
I am a lesbian and height does not make any difference

✓✓✓✓✓

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending