The Student Room Group

How do you deal with leaving everything & everyone you've ever known behind?

I'm an international student who will be moving to London this Sept for university. I'm currently in Y13, finishing up my A Levels in Southeast Asia.
I was born & raised here - all my family, all my friends, they're here.
I go to an international school, so quite a handful of my friends will be going to the UK too; as such, I know that I'm not leaving everyone behind.
But the people that I have very strong emotional connections to (i.e. my parents, and my boyfriend) won't be with me - my parents will be here in Asia, while my boyfriend will be studying in Australia. How do I cope with leaving them?
Reply 1
At first, make sure you regularly do video calls and things like that to keep in touch and get some interaction. London is a busy place and you’ll meet people there (i’m moving to london too in september Lol).
What are you studying? And which university?
I'm moving to london too lol in september.... and damn dw hopefully everything will go well it will take time to adjust though and you may feel homesick
Reply 3
I'll be studying BSc Econ at LSE :smile:
Wbu guys?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I'll be studying BSc Econ at LSE :smile:
Wbu guys?

Electronics MEng at Imperial. Damn you must be good to get into LSE, I know some really good people who didn’t get in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending