The Student Room Group

Why is he always staring at me???

There’s a guy I’ve been friends with for about a month now, we have the same friendship group.

Whenever the group is sitting together, I look up and notice that hes just staring at me. At first I thought I was being paranoid but this literally has happened so many times.

Honestly, it makes me feel awkward because I just think hes looking at me and thinking that I’m ugly..

What do you think the reason is and what do I do?
Reply 1
if i'm honest i think he likes you and you should just talk to him
Original post by Anonymous
There’s a guy I’ve been friends with for about a month now, we have the same friendship group.

Whenever the group is sitting together, I look up and notice that hes just staring at me. At first I thought I was being paranoid but this literally has happened so many times.

Honestly, it makes me feel awkward because I just think hes looking at me and thinking that I’m ugly..

What do you think the reason is and what do I do?

He likes you. No guy would look at you for a long time if you were ugly or they did not find you attractive.

You should strike up a conversation. Ask whether he wants to be your bf. Good luck
Maybe he thinks you are pretty, if that's the case i would be staring at you
It’s much more likely he’s looking at you a lot because he enjoys it - because he thinks you’re pretty. But there’s really no way of knowing other than by talking to him. Rather than spending time speculating about what he might be thinking or feeling - which you can basically do forever without getting anywhere - figure out how you feel about him. If you decide you like him, show interest in him and spend more time with him. If you decide you don’t like him, you can safely not care if or why he’s looking at you, or even ask him not to.
Reply 5
Original post by zarah041
if i'm honest i think he likes you and you should just talk to him

Original post by Prettygirly
Maybe he thinks you are pretty, if that's the case i would be staring at you

Original post by Wired_1800
He likes you. No guy would look at you for a long time if you were ugly or they did not find you attractive.

You should strike up a conversation. Ask whether he wants to be your bf. Good luck

He doesnt look at me for a LONG time though, just OFTEN, as in I’ll see him looking but as soon as i look up he looks away.

It’s weird because we’re friends and he doesnt give any hints that he ljkes me, surely if he liked me he would do so?
Reply 6
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It’s much more likely he’s looking at you a lot because he enjoys it - because he thinks you’re pretty. But there’s really no way of knowing other than by talking to him. Rather than spending time speculating about what he might be thinking or feeling - which you can basically do forever without getting anywhere - figure out how you feel about him. If you decide you like him, show interest in him and spend more time with him. If you decide you don’t like him, you can safely not care if or why he’s looking at you, or even ask him not to.

He doesnt flirt with me or anything though, he acts completely normal with me. Am i just being paranoid?
He doesnt flirt with me or anything though, he acts completely normal with me. Am i just being paranoid?

He doesnt look at me for a LONG time though, just OFTEN, as in I’ll see him looking but as soon as i look up he looks away.

It’s weird because we’re friends and he doesnt give any hints that he ljkes me, surely if he liked me he would do so?

Looking at you a lot is a low-key hint in and of itself. But again, there’s no way to get a firm answer without just talking to him. Speculating will get you nowhere.
Reply 8
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Looking at you a lot is a low-key hint in and of itself. But again, there’s no way to get a firm answer without just talking to him. Speculating will get you nowhere.

Hmm true, i guess i have to throw out hints myself as he isn’t

Ask him out

Some guys don't flirt because they are shy, or have no idea how to approach you. So they act normal, but occasionally glance at girls they like to give the hint of 'hey, i like you, come chat to me'.
Do you always sit with your friends? Try sitting alone.
You just need to speak to him, and maybe something nice will come off this.
Original post by Adz2042
Some guys don't flirt because they are shy, or have no idea how to approach you. So they act normal, but occasionally glance at girls they like to give the hint of 'hey, i like you, come chat to me'.
Do you always sit with your friends? Try sitting alone.
You just need to speak to him, and maybe something nice will come off this.

Sometimes we kinda just turn our backs to our friend and talk alone but to be honest, i think i initiate that and he tends to stay within the group.

To be honest, i think he probably doesnt like me and just has a staring problem! Lol
Sometimes we kinda just turn our backs to our friend and talk alone but to be honest, i think i initiate that and he tends to stay within the group.

To be honest, i think he probably doesnt like me and just has a staring problem! Lol

You think, you don't know.
Speak to him and ask. No point making assumptions without actual evidence to back up your thoughts.
Original post by Adz2042
You think, you don't know.
Speak to him and ask. No point making assumptions without actual evidence to back up your thoughts.

I’m way too shy to talk to him about it!
I’m way too shy to talk to him about it!

Sometimes we have to face our fears head on, or else we'll always be left wondering 'what if?'.
Original post by Adz2042
Sometimes we have to face our fears head on, or else we'll always be left wondering 'what if?'.

Very true!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending