The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Nursing- university of brighton

Hiya! I’m applying to Brighton uni for adult nursing in the Feb 2022 intake. Started the application process on UCAS but when it comes to putting the course code in the choices section, nursing doesn’t come up as an option? And when I put in the UCAS code from UoB website it says it is the incorrect code. I’ve contacted them for an answer but after their closing time so hopefully someone else has a solution for me so I can put in my application ASAP! Thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya! I’m applying to Brighton uni for adult nursing in the Feb 2022 intake. Started the application process on UCAS but when it comes to putting the course code in the choices section, nursing doesn’t come up as an option? And when I put in the UCAS code from UoB website it says it is the incorrect code. I’ve contacted them for an answer but after their closing time so hopefully someone else has a solution for me so I can put in my application ASAP! Thanks :smile:

Hey, did you manage to sort it out in the end?
I'm studying nursing at Brighton this September, so feel free to ask me anything about the applications process if you like!
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Becky2305
Hey, did you manage to sort it out in the end?
I'm studying nursing at Brighton this September, so feel free to ask me anything about the applications process if you like!

Hi! I managed to sort it and actually found out today I have an unconditional offer for the feb intake!
Reply 3
Hey, I’ve applied for the Adult nursing February 2022 intake. UCAS only referred my application today. But I’m wondering what the process was for you and how long it took? The wait to finding out is killing me!
Reply 4
Original post by K.Ivens
Hey, I’ve applied for the Adult nursing February 2022 intake. UCAS only referred my application today. But I’m wondering what the process was for you and how long it took? The wait to finding out is killing me!

Hiya! I applied 2/3/21, I got offered an interview (they let me pick a date) on the 5/3/21, so I picked a date for 2 weeks from then on the 24th so I could prepare. They sent me a big document to read but I found the shortened version and familiarised myself with that as well as the NMC code and 6 C’s of nursing. Interview was really calm and welcoming and I found out on the 26/3/21 that I was offered a place! So overall a quick process, the only long part was the wait for my interview and I wish I had picked the closest slot I could now as the preparation just made me anxious!
Hopefully I will meet you in the 2022 cohort, feel free to add me on social media, my name is Jinnaha McGuigan :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by jmcgui
Hiya! I applied 2/3/21, I got offered an interview (they let me pick a date) on the 5/3/21, so I picked a date for 2 weeks from then on the 24th so I could prepare. They sent me a big document to read but I found the shortened version and familiarised myself with that as well as the NMC code and 6 C’s of nursing. Interview was really calm and welcoming and I found out on the 26/3/21 that I was offered a place! So overall a quick process, the only long part was the wait for my interview and I wish I had picked the closest slot I could now as the preparation just made me anxious!
Hopefully I will meet you in the 2022 cohort, feel free to add me on social media, my name is Jinnaha McGuigan :smile:

Brilliant! I hope mine is as quick! Was the interview just asking you loads of questions? I will add you, and hopefully I will see you in February
Original post by K.Ivens
Brilliant! I hope mine is as quick! Was the interview just asking you loads of questions? I will add you, and hopefully I will see you in February

Its a mix of questions about yourself/nursing and then a couple of scenario based questions :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by K.Ivens

In my interview she asked me about myself, and gave me 5 scenario questions. A lot of it I tried to relate to my own experiences as well as what the answer she wanted to hear was. In general I’ve heard that UoB interviews this year have been very relaxed so I’m sure you will be fine :smile: good luck!
Reply 8
Thank you all for your help! Could you give me an idea of the scenarios they gave you? How long did it take them to give you and interview after you applied?
Original post by K.Ivens
Thank you all for your help! Could you give me an idea of the scenarios they gave you? How long did it take them to give you and interview after you applied?

We're not allowed to give the exact scenarios, but I only had two questions. One was relating to how i'd react to a situation in my current job (that could also be a situation that'd happen in a hospital) and another was a situation in the community. They weren't majorly difficult, my best suggestion would be to make sure you refer to the document in your answers and definitely mention the 6Cs where you can!

I got offered an interview one month after applying and then got my offer two days after the interview :smile: I'm a mature student though, so I do think that played a part in how quick my process has been. The Brighton interview has by far been the best/most relaxed interview i've done out of all the unis I applied to, the interviewer was so friendly and it honestly just felt like I was having a chat with a family friend!
Reply 10
We're not allowed to give the exact scenarios, but I only had two questions. One was relating to how i'd react to a situation in my current job (that could also be a situation that'd happen in a hospital) and another was a situation in the community. They weren't majorly difficult, my best suggestion would be to make sure you refer to the document in your answers and definitely mention the 6Cs where you can!

I got offered an interview one month after applying and then got my offer two days after the interview :smile: I'm a mature student though, so I do think that played a part in how quick my process has been. The Brighton interview has by far been the best/most relaxed interview i've done out of all the unis I applied to, the interviewer was so friendly and it honestly just felt like I was having a chat with a family friend!

That’s brilliant thank you, if I’m successful I’ll be a mature student too. I hope I don’t have to wait too long, I’m already checking my emails every 5 minutes and it’s only been one day 😂
Original post by K.Ivens
That’s brilliant thank you, if I’m successful I’ll be a mature student too. I hope I don’t have to wait too long, I’m already checking my emails every 5 minutes and it’s only been one day 😂

Oh amazing! I don't think you'll be waiting too long, the general consensus i've got is that unis seem to deal with mature students much faster, as we're easier to make decisions on and they seem to like the life experience we offer. Haha I know the feeling, it's so stressful waiting to hear from them isn't it!
Oh amazing! I don't think you'll be waiting too long, the general consensus i've got is that unis seem to deal with mature students much faster, as we're easier to make decisions on and they seem to like the life experience we offer. Haha I know the feeling, it's so stressful waiting to hear from them isn't it!

I just phoned admissions and she said I probably won’t get shortlisted because it’s really busy this year and they are looking at grades BBB which I don’t have. :frown:
I just phoned admissions and she said I probably won’t get shortlisted because it’s really busy this year and they are looking at grades BBB which I don’t have. :frown:

Oh no that's a shame, I'm sorry to hear that :frown: There were nearly a third more applications than normal this year, so it's definitely extra tough. Is there any way that you could retake any A-Levels to get the BBB?
Oh no that's a shame, I'm sorry to hear that :frown: There were nearly a third more applications than normal this year, so it's definitely extra tough. Is there any way that you could retake any A-Levels to get the BBB?

I’m 19 and I don’t have the grades. I have ACD and a years experience as a HCA in a frailty/end of life ward during covid, I don’t think it would always be necessary to retake the grades but maybe gain more clinical experience depending on how much you already have? It’s completely your call though but that’s just my experience:smile:
I’m 19 and I don’t have the grades. I have ACD and a years experience as a HCA in a frailty/end of life ward during covid, I don’t think it would always be necessary to retake the grades but maybe gain more clinical experience depending on how much you already have? It’s completely your call though but that’s just my experience:smile:

Yes thats true! I was only suggesting the retaking of A-levels because they were told the uni is looking for BBB grades, but if you've managed to do it that way then I don't see why that couldn't work for @K.Ivens :smile:

The only thing i've noticed though is where the role hasn't said previous experience is needed before, most of the HCA positions i've seen advertised as of a month or two ago now ask for previous care experience, which might make them harder to get.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending