The Student Room Group

People who sat their exams, did assessment materials actually come up?

Interested in knowing if anyone has teachers that actually bothered using the assessment materials or if we all just ignored them as a collective lmao.
in my sixth form chemistry was the only a level where teachers didn't use the 2020 papers and made their own paper. so i'd say like 70% of year 13 cheated on the other subjects since most people had the 2020 papers.
Original post by funkyman10
in my sixth form chemistry was the only a level where teachers didn't use the 2020 papers and made their own paper. so i'd say like 70% of year 13 cheated on the other subjects since most people had the 2020 papers.

Wow, your chemistry teachers must've put in a lot of effort making the exam fair for everyone. It's actually sad because the 30% that are actually working hard aren't gonna look as good as those who cheated and know all the mark schemes.
Original post by stressedasfff
Wow, your chemistry teachers must've put in a lot of effort making the exam fair for everyone. It's actually sad because the 30% that are actually working hard aren't gonna look as good as those who cheated and know all the mark schemes.

the chem department are smart as hell for doing that. everyone else has been trying to find the papers. I dont get why the teachers used them.
my friend got her subjects one from a teacher in another school.
(edited 2 years ago)
Interested in knowing if anyone has teachers that actually bothered using the assessment materials or if we all just ignored them as a collective lmao.

What materials?
Yes, they used it for my maths exam. tbh i didnt know it was additional assesment material after the exam, but oh well i guess i worked for it and didnt cheat unlike most of my year group(which is super annoying as they are getting 9s in everything without even working)
Reply 6
How does the others have 2020 papers before taking their exam?
our school ignored them, only the science department are making their own papers. everyone else has been finding the papers (they're using a mix of 2019 and 2020)
Original post by chelsea.uri
What materials?

Recently, the exam boards have publicly released a bunch of documents containing mixed past paper questions and some locked questions for students and teachers to use for exams.
Original post by Nayoun00
How does the others have 2020 papers before taking their exam?

I don't know, I think people are selling them or something. They're probably spreading it on social media platforms.

Original post by daisiesandroses
our school ignored them, only the science department are making their own papers. everyone else has been finding the papers (they're using a mix of 2019 and 2020)

Yeah, this is the general consensus. Seems like only the science departments have bothered to make the exams fair.
Recently, the exam boards have publicly released a bunch of documents containing mixed past paper questions and some locked questions for students and teachers to use for exams.

I know
My school is using some
mine have been creating their own using a mixture of exam boards across years so practically useless hahah

Quick Reply

Latest