The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Stamford halls KCL 2021

hey everyone i’m currently looking for accommodation at KCL and i’m liking the idea of stamford halls. do you guys know if it’s actually nice?
Original post by Anonymous
hey everyone i’m currently looking for accommodation at KCL and i’m liking the idea of stamford halls. do you guys know if it’s actually nice?

I went to a summer school at Kings and we stayed at Stamford Street and to be honest it was not the nicest accommodation in my opinion
In my room and many others actually the toilet was leaking and there was a smell there were stains on the floor too
Ill attach some images not the clearest but it was a while ago

However it is quite close to most campuses which is convenient and will allow you to save money
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
I went to a summer school at Kings and we stayed at Stamford Street and to be honest it was not the nicest accommodation in my opinion
In my room and many others actually the toilet was leaking and there was a smell there were stains on the floor too
Ill attach some images not the clearest but it was a while ago

However it is quite close to most campuses which is convenient and will allow you to save money

okay thank you! do you maybe know which accommodation was better?

Definitely, Angel Lane is the best. But it is far from all the campuses. If you are ok with commuting, I recommend taking a look.

Sorry I couldn't attach the images because im on anonymous but if you are eligible there is even cheaper accommodation at £169 on the Kings Affordable Accommodation Scheme only a select few places have this scheme I think its
Stamford
Great Dover Street
Angel Lane
Julian Markham

The best in my opinion is Angel Lane and Julian Markham their accommodation is quite modern however are further outside central London so travel costs will add up especially angel lane the closes campus is 6 Miles away

You can always check on the website for more information !:smile:
Reply 5
Sorry I couldn't attach the images because im on anonymous but if you are eligible there is even cheaper accommodation at £169 on the Kings Affordable Accommodation Scheme only a select few places have this scheme I think its
Stamford
Great Dover Street
Angel Lane
Julian Markham

The best in my opinion is Angel Lane and Julian Markham their accommodation is quite modern however are further outside central London so travel costs will add up especially angel lane the closes campus is 6 Miles away

yah the issue with the website is that obviously they make all of them look nice so i prefer asking ppl if that makes sense
Stamford
Great Dover Street
Angel Lane
Julian Markham

Yeah but at the same time, because of covid, there's not going to be much commuting in general so most sessions are online, at least for my course. I'm definitely snagging Angel Lane, I've just heard not the greatest stuff about JM
Yeah but at the same time, because of covid, there's not going to be much commuting in general so most sessions are online, at least for my course. I'm definitely snagging Angel Lane, I've just heard not the greatest stuff about JM

Thats very true !!
Can I ask what youve heard about JM and also do you know how many choices we get for accommodation
Thats very true !!
Can I ask what youve heard about JM and also do you know how many choices we get for accommodation

I've heard about the silverfish infestation, lifts not working, people being moved out of rooms because of mould, and it's just very noisy due to the location to the road, so you'll have to get used to the noise etc and not a lot of essential shops that close, but AL is a high rise so you can picker higher floors, also you have a lot of shops
Thats very true !!

I'm personally not sure because it's my first year and I'm eligible for KAAS, but I get to pick my accom tomorrow. As soon as I find out, I'll let you know
I'm personally not sure because it's my first year and I'm eligible for KAAS, but I get to pick my accom tomorrow. As soon as I find out, I'll let you know

Same here !!
What are you studying ?
Same here !!
What are you studying ?

I'm a gap year applicant studying neuroscience :smile:. You?
I'm a gap year applicant studying neuroscience :smile:. You?

Gap year applicant studying Medicine :smile:
How has your gap year been so far ?
Gap year applicant studying Medicine :smile:
How has your gap year been so far ?

Ah no way! Congratulations!!!! Medicine this year has been unbelievably ridiculous, I'm so proud of you (sorry if that's weird....) About my gap year, I've been so bored can't lie, just been doing bits and pieces here and there because there's literally nothing else that I found to do. You?
Ah no way! Congratulations!!!! Medicine this year has been unbelievably ridiculous, I'm so proud of you (sorry if that's weird....) About my gap year, I've been so bored can't lie, just been doing bits and pieces here and there because there's literally nothing else that I found to do. You?

Haha its not weird :biggrin: Thank you so much congratulation on your neuroscience offer too and yes nothing interesting to do just really excited to go to uni and start this new chapter

Do you know how likely it is that you dont get your first choice for accommodation
hello again. what do you guys know about wolfson?
hello again. what do you guys know about wolfson?

Here are the reviews on Wolfson House in Google: Link
Haha its not weird :biggrin: Thank you so much congratulation on your neuroscience offer too and yes nothing interesting to do just really excited to go to uni and start this new chapter

Do you know how likely it is that you dont get your first choice for accommodation

I managed to get Angel Lane, which was my second choice after Julian Markham because I wasn't willing to wait and potentially lose out on a space, but Kings will always have accommodation available for all first years, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be the most affordable one though...it's the hunger games out here :smile:
I've heard about the silverfish infestation, lifts not working, people being moved out of rooms because of mould, and it's just very noisy due to the location to the road, so you'll have to get used to the noise etc and not a lot of essential shops that close, but AL is a high rise so you can picker higher floors, also you have a lot of shops

Can confirm this!!! All these issues are still ongoing after months and months.... Also packages have been going missing and there's a high crime rate in the area.
I'd highly advise to stay away from Julian Markham

Quick Reply

Latest