The Student Room Group

Reconsideration uni

When university say on their websites that you can get your application reconsidered, what does this actually do and has this worked for anybody? And in what case?
Please provide link to this statement.

So what are your grounds for reconsideration?
Original post by McGinger
So what are your grounds for reconsideration?

But just in general, why do people send reconsiderations and do they work?
Original post by roseflamingo
But just in general, why do people send reconsiderations and do they work?

You would have to prove that there had been 'a fault in process' - that the Uni made a mistake in the way it processed your application, OR that there was a mistake on your application such as incorrect GCSE grades entered etc.
'I don't like the fact that you have rejected me' is not grounds for reconsideration.
Original post by McGinger
You would have to prove that there had been 'a fault in process' - that the Uni made a mistake in the way it processed your application, OR that there was a mistake on your application such as incorrect GCSE grades entered etc.
'I don't like the fact that you have rejected me' is not grounds for reconsideration.

UoM is kind of like we want the best just like all unis particularly Russel groups but UoM have a difference with a level and BTEC. How do I go about this?
UoM is kind of like we want the best just like all unis particularly Russel groups but UoM have a difference with a level and BTEC. How do I go about this?

Have you requested formal feedback that has explained why you were unsuccessful?

If so, on what grounds would you request to be reconsidered? UoM don’t specify what circumstances might lead to a decision being reversed, but “please consider the same information again” will more than likely just lead to another rejection.
Original post by Admit-One
Have you requested formal feedback that has explained why you were unsuccessful?

If so, on what grounds would you request to be reconsidered? UoM don’t specify what circumstances might lead to a decision being reversed, but “please consider the same information again” will more than likely just lead to another rejection.

The only feedback I’ve got is from my ucas application but if I asked, it’ll probably be the same
The only feedback I’ve got is from my ucas application but if I asked, it’ll probably be the same

If I understand correctly, you received notification via UCAS that you had not been successful, but if didn’t explain why.

If that’s the case, contact UoM Admissions directly and ask for feedback. Then you will know whether it’s worth requesting reconsideration.

If you have already had feedback, what did it say?
If I understand correctly, you received notification via UCAS that you had not been successful, but if didn’t explain why.

If that’s the case, contact UoM Admissions directly and ask for feedback. Then you will know whether it’s worth requesting reconsideration.

If you have already had feedback, what did it say?

On my ucas application, it said my application is unsuccessful. Comments being ‘your qualifications do not meet our academic requirements’. They will probably say the same if I asked for feedback
On my ucas application, it said my application is unsuccessful. Comments being ‘your qualifications do not meet our academic requirements’. They will probably say the same if I asked for feedback

Then you have no grounds for appeal or reconsideration do you.

In that case the wording on the UoM page is a little unclear, but I don’t expect they would reconsider your application. I think it would be a waste of time unless you are 100% certain that you do meet the academic entry requirements of the course.

What qualifications do/will you have?
In that case the wording on the UoM page is a little unclear, but I don’t expect they would reconsider your application. I think it would be a waste of time unless you are 100% certain that you do meet the academic entry requirements of the course.

I’ll have a look again but you are probably correct
Original post by GabiAbi84
What qualifications do/will you have?

I have 2 BTECs and 1 A Level. Hence why I am asking about the difference of BTEC and a level
I have 2 BTECs and 1 A Level. Hence why I am asking about the difference of BTEC and a level

Assuming your BtECs are national foundation diplomas or national extended certificate then
In their entry requirements it says that they will accept one BTEC in lieu of the third A-level only and it must be offered along side alevel chemistry and either alevel biology or maths.
So unfortunately you don’t meet their entry requirements.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending