Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have been in college several times things I am good at but I honestly don't know. I sometimes feel like I am a failure, I don’t know what I am good at, people are good at football or other sports but I'm not good at and I just dont know anything in general. I just don’t feel confident about myself and I don't know how to be happy. People have got something personal or something that they are proud of that they are good at but I don't know. I just have such a lack of confidence. Feel so upset and not confident.

I just am crap at everything I do, I failed in school, I failed to make friends, I struggle with small things sometimes, I am on the lowest course in my college due to ****ing up my exams in school, I have had criticised by everyone all my life, I feel like I have no future, I've lost many friends in my life etc.
Anonymous #1
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
Keep your head up, you are important and there will be people that value you ❤️❤️
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Keep your head up, you are important and there will be people that value you ❤️❤️
I just don’t know how to be happy. I have no confidence
Paranoiaa
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I just don’t know how to be happy. I have no confidence
There will always be some hobbies that will make you happy or certain clubs

Being unhappy is temporary don’t worry there’s always a way out ❤️
wifd149
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have had these instances a lot and this still tends to happen too.

I struggle in school. I am now in 2nd year of uni but I am extremely struggling to pass. Had 2:2s and failed essays before. My mental and emotional being undergoes many states throughout each day. It is exhausting.

Personally what helped me, is asking myself what did I do wrong? How can I do this better next time? What worked and what didn’t? What is the first act or situation that caused this or tends to cause this?

I’ve read a quote before by John Lennon: “Everything will be okay in the end. If it it’s not okay, it’s not the end.”

You aren’t a lost cause. People can tell you anything. They may bring you down. Every time I’ve had made small improvements, tiny changes — it is only me who sees it and truly knows it. That’s why depending on others for validation isn’t the aim.

The key to be content, I find, is to count all the blessings that you feel by heart that you’ve had before. No matter how small or how ridiculous. And feel grateful for them. Eventually you’ll learn to trust the process (of reality, etc. whatever you want to call it).

Rest assured that what you seek is seeking you.

Don’t feel pressured in any way. Do your best.

The key for change, on the other hand, is being constantly aware of what you are physically doing. When you catch yourself at the start of doing something you do not want to happen, stop yourself. It gets better with practice.

What others feel confident about is a worked effort. Yet for some people they just have circumstances that prevents them from doing that; whether it is an internal (personal perspectives, personal challenges) challenge or an external one. Like I said, trust the process. It will get you where you want to be no matter how many tries it takes.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Paranoiaa)
There will always be some hobbies that will make you happy or certain clubs

Being unhappy is temporary don’t worry there’s always a way out ❤️
I don't want to just go pubs for the sake of it or clubs things like that.

(Original post by wifd149)
I have had these instances a lot and this still tends to happen too.

I struggle in school. I am now in 2nd year of uni but I am extremely struggling to pass. Had 2:2s and failed essays before. My mental and emotional being undergoes many states throughout each day. It is exhausting.

Personally what helped me, is asking myself what did I do wrong? How can I do this better next time? What worked and what didn’t? What is the first act or situation that caused this or tends to cause this?

I’ve read a quote before by John Lennon: “Everything will be okay in the end. If it it’s not okay, it’s not the end.”

You aren’t a lost cause. People can tell you anything. They may bring you down. Every time I’ve had made small improvements, tiny changes — it is only me who sees it and truly knows it. That’s why depending on others for validation isn’t the aim.

The key to be content, I find, is to count all the blessings that you feel by heart that you’ve had before. No matter how small or how ridiculous. And feel grateful for them. Eventually you’ll learn to trust the process (of reality, etc. whatever you want to call it).

Rest assured that what you seek is seeking you.

Don’t feel pressured in any way. Do your best.

The key for change, on the other hand, is being constantly aware of what you are physically doing. When you catch yourself at the start of doing something you do not want to happen, stop yourself. It gets better with practice.

What others feel confident about is a worked effort. Yet for some people they just have circumstances that prevents them from doing that; whether it is an internal (personal perspectives, personal challenges) challenge or an external one. Like I said, trust the process. It will get you where you want to be no matter how many tries it takes.
I just don’t know
wifd149
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don't want to just go pubs for the sake of it or clubs things like that.

I just don’t know
Maybe take a nap, sleep in or whatnot. Then think about it anytime you’re up for it. No stress ok?

I am here to tell you that anyone is capable. You aren’t worser than the rest at all, no matter how much you don’t believe in it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by wifd149)
Maybe take a nap, sleep in or whatnot. Then think about it anytime you’re up for it. No stress ok?

I am here to tell you that anyone is capable. You aren’t worser than the rest at all, no matter how much you don’t believe in it.
Maybe.

I think anyone is capable but some people aren't like me
bethilia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don't want to sound like I'm diagnosing you or forcing you into any sort of mindset, but would you be comfortable with talking to a doctor or college support person about this? I and many people I know have felt the same as you in the past/present, and it's usually a big indicator of depression or perhaps anxiety issues. If you're unfamiliar with these things, you can take a little look on the NHS website and see if any of the descriptions fit your current mental state. It can be very helpful to identify and name the thing that is causing you to feel so unsatisfied, unacomplished and overwhelmed as this will then lead to you think about how health professionals and other sufferers have improved the side effects. Again, this is just a suggestion for you to think upon and if you don't think it fits you, that's okay too.
Sam lou wyne
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey that sounds like me every day

Keep your head up

I have been in college several times things I am good at but I honestly don't know. I sometimes feel like I am a failure, I don’t know what I am good at, people are good at football or other sports but I'm not good at and I just dont know anything in general. I just don’t feel confident about myself and I don't know how to be happy. People have got something personal or something that they are proud of that they are good at but I don't know. I just have such a lack of confidence. Feel so upset and not confident.

I just am crap at everything I do, I failed in school, I failed to make friends, I struggle with small things sometimes, I am on the lowest course in my college due to ****ing up my exams in school, I have had criticised by everyone all my life, I feel like I have no future, I've lost many friends in my life etc.
Hey that sounds like me
I'm having a rough time in college atm due things going wrong
But all I can say is keep your head up And try to overcome self doubt and there is support
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bethilia)
I don't want to sound like I'm diagnosing you or forcing you into any sort of mindset, but would you be comfortable with talking to a doctor or college support person about this? I and many people I know have felt the same as you in the past/present, and it's usually a big indicator of depression or perhaps anxiety issues. If you're unfamiliar with these things, you can take a little look on the NHS website and see if any of the descriptions fit your current mental state. It can be very helpful to identify and name the thing that is causing you to feel so unsatisfied, unacomplished and overwhelmed as this will then lead to you think about how health professionals and other sufferers have improved the side effects. Again, this is just a suggestion for you to think upon and if you don't think it fits you, that's okay too.
Maybe I could speak to a doctor but I need to have courage to do that
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sam lou wyne)
Hey that sounds like me every day

Keep your head up

Hey that sounds like me
I'm having a rough time in college atm due things going wrong
But all I can say is keep your head up And try to overcome self doubt and there is support
Just so ****ing hard
Sam lou wyne
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just so ****ing hard
I know how that feels 😞
I got outed at college today in front of everyone
Anonymous #1
I know how that feels 😞
I got outed at college today in front of everyone
I get issues at college as well . I hate college
bethilia
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Maybe I could speak to a doctor but I need to have courage to do that
I get what you mean, I'm currently in the same situation with wanting to get help but not feeling confident enough to do so. When I've had to overcome this issue for other things, it's usually always come to a point where I've had to sit myself down and really evaluate if pushing myself to do the thing I'm afraid of will benefit me in the long run. For you, it would be smart to think about how contacting the doctors is a thing important enough to justify stepping out of your comfort zone for. I can't decide that for you. You may not be ready for jt yet and that's understandable given how it seems as if you have issues with anxiety. Taking the time to process the concept of reaching for help may ease this, especially if you look up people's personal success stories with getting help for anxiety/depression onljne instead of coming up with potential outcomes on your own (a big issue for overthinkers, so using 'facts' and such can be beneficial). How do you feel about the idea of contacting a doctor? Does it scare you in any way?
Sam lou wyne
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I get issues at college as well . I hate college
my tutor discussed my personal details with the whole room and I was so embarrassed and annoyed I just ran out
Anonymous #1
my tutor discussed my personal details with the whole room and I was so embarrassed and annoyed I just ran out
My tutors are like that
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bethilia)
I get what you mean, I'm currently in the same situation with wanting to get help but not feeling confident enough to do so. When I've had to overcome this issue for other things, it's usually always come to a point where I've had to sit myself down and really evaluate if pushing myself to do the thing I'm afraid of will benefit me in the long run. For you, it would be smart to think about how contacting the doctors is a thing important enough to justify stepping out of your comfort zone for. I can't decide that for you. You may not be ready for jt yet and that's understandable given how it seems as if you have issues with anxiety. Taking the time to process the concept of reaching for help may ease this, especially if you look up people's personal success stories with getting help for anxiety/depression onljne instead of coming up with potential outcomes on your own (a big issue for overthinkers, so using 'facts' and such can be beneficial). How do you feel about the idea of contacting a doctor? Does it scare you in any way?
I think going to the gp or doctors isn't always the solution
bethilia
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think going to the gp or doctors isn't always the solution
In your case specifically, do you think it could help?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (20)
28.17%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (7)
9.86%
No I am happy with my choice (40)
56.34%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.63%

Watched Threads