The Student Room Group

CW: I don’t want to be 46kg :(

Mod edit: Content Warning re eating disorders.
Help and support links can be found here.

CAMHS if forcing me to be 46 kg to be discharged :frown: is there any POSSIBLE WAY TO BE DISCHARGED WITHOUT BEING 46kg please I beg you if you have an answer please tell me and give me a clear answer I’m 15 years old and they’re only allowing me to go to school part-time

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
why do you not want to be 46kg?
Reply 2
46kg is literally tiny. Why would you not want to be 46
Reply 3
Original post by Ten-Ten
46kg is literally tiny. Why would you not want to be 46

It’s gonna take forever :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Ashprit
why do you not want to be 46kg?

I have GCSE’s to do and I need to focus on that not going to CAMHS continuously for no reason
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
CAMHS if forcing me to be 46 kg to be discharged :frown: is there any POSSIBLE WAY TO BE DISCHARGED WITHOUT BEING 46kg please I beg you if you have an answer please tell me and give me a clear answer I’m 15 years old and they’re only allowing me to go to school part-time

what is your height?
Reply 6
I have GCSE’s to do and I need to focus on that not going to CAMHS continuously for no reason

what even is camhs. also try to manage your time, its small advice but does wonders
Reply 7
Original post by ANM775
what is your height?

152cm
Reply 8
Original post by Ashprit
what even is camhs. also try to manage your time, its small advice but does wonders

Children adolescents mental health services I’m not even allowed to go to school or do any school work..
Reply 9
152cm

putting that into google comes out at 4ft 9

are you 4ft 9?
Original post by ANM775
putting that into google comes out at 4ft 9

are you 4ft 9?

Yes
Reply 11
Yes

can't you just eat more and exercise a bit though, theres no harm in trying. I doubt it would affect you largely
It’s gonna take forever :frown:

What do you weigh now
Original post by Ashprit
can't you just eat more and exercise a bit though, theres no harm in

Original post by Ten-Ten
What do you weigh now

34kg
Reply 14
Yes

according to this, that weight is like in the middle for your age and sex.
what weight are you currently?

Original post by Ashprit
can't you just eat more and exercise a bit though, theres no harm in trying. I doubt it would affect you largely

They aren’t letting me go to school at all and I have so many of these appointments to go to they keep weighing me every week and keep making me do blood tests every 2 weeks I’ve had enough of it :frown:
Original post by ANM775
according to this, that weight is like in the middle for your age and sex.
what weight are you currently?

They want me to be 46 not 43 :frown: I’m currently 34
Reply 17
They aren’t letting me go to school at all and I have so many of these appointments to go to they keep weighing me every week and keep making me do blood tests every 2 weeks I’ve had enough of it :frown:

then try to eat and gain weight. just eat tons of mcdonalds and stuff, exercise a bit like skipping running or even walking to and from school. it will defo stop. 34kg is SO unhealthy no offense. I used to be kinda underweight too but i gained weight and now i feel so much better and i also do exercise too. Trust me its for your benefit. gaining weight will allow you to get better exams have enough energy to do your exams. just eat like 2500 kcals a day and its good or more than 2000kcal. this is ofc if you don;t want to do all the stuff they are making you do.
Original post by Ashprit
then try to eat and gain weight. just eat tons of mcdonalds and stuff, exercise a bit like skipping running or even walking to and from school. it will defo stop. 34kg is SO unhealthy no offense. I used to be kinda underweight too but i gained weight and now i feel so much better and i also do exercise too. Trust me its for your benefit. gaining weight will allow you to get better exams have enough energy to do your exams. just eat like 2500 kcals a day and its good or more than 2000kcal. this is ofc if you don;t want to do all the stuff they are making you do.

Yes ik 34kg is so unhealthy that’s why I try and eat a lot however I can’t exercise or go on walks because of the bad weather and my parents have been advised that I’m not allowed to exercise
Reply 19
No. They've set requirements, you cant change them.
You cant do your best in school if your physical and mental health are not doing well. Use your time to focus on working on getting better, stressing about the things you cant control isnt going to help your situation.

Quick Reply

Latest