I quit college today after being outed by tutor

I just quit college today after being publicly
Humiliated by the tutor

He Publicly outed me as trans in the lecture

What can I do about it ?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When you say you quit, you mean you got up and left right? Not formally dropped out?
Original post by JGLM
When you say you quit, you mean you got up and left right? Not formally dropped out?

My tutor outed me for being trans
And humiliated me in front of everyone and I just walked out and quit
Can you move class?
How old are you? What's your plan now?
Original post by laurawatt
Can you move class?

Nope I'm stuck
This could be defined as a transphobic hate crime that the police can get involved in. Seeing as it falls under the description of "any incident/criminal offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender", it is definitely something to take seriously. First of all make sure that you are personally okay and reach out to people who know about your situation and are supportive. From there you should think about the right course of action for you. I'm sorry that this happened to you and I hope you find some sort of justice in the end.
Original post by bethilia
This could be defined as a transphobic hate crime that the police can get involved in. Seeing as it falls under the description of "any incident/criminal offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by a hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender", it is definitely something to take seriously. First of all make sure that you are personally okay and reach out to people who know about your situation and are supportive. From there you should think about the right course of action for you. I'm sorry that this happened to you and I hope you find some sort of justice in the end.

What can I do it just frustrating and annoying that he'd do that and in the way
He said "just to let everyone know samantha is transgender " I was so upset
Original post by Sam lou wyne

That seems completely out of line unless there had been some prior discussion as to how and if you would like your gender identity to be addressed to the class.

I would probably consider a formal complaint, but even if it was successful you may not be comfortable returning to the class.
Reply 9
Thats so cool your transgender by the way. Hope you feel better soon hun. Did you have any sort of conversation with the tutor that they will tell the students?
Original post by Admit-One
That seems completely out of line unless there had been some prior discussion as to how and if you would like your gender identity to be addressed to the class.

I would probably consider a formal complaint, but even if it was successful you may not be comfortable returning to the class.

I had a quiet word with the student union
To see what I can do
but Im in the middle of 3rd year in public services
Original post by Lucky93
Thats so cool your transgender by the way. Hope you feel better soon hun. Did you have any sort of conversation with the tutor that they will tell the students?

My tutor knew from September last year when I started the 3rd year course

But what I don't understand why out me in this manner
Original post by Lucky93

He just did it without reason and nobody else knew
Reply 13

It seems very odd that he would just say this out of the blue.

What had he been speaking about before saying this?
He was off with me all day like something was bothering him

Mabey it's because I changed my hair style I don't know ?
I just quit college today after being publicly
Humiliated by the tutor

He Publicly outed me as trans in the lecture

What can I do about it ?

report it to the prinsipal
I had a quiet word with the student union
To see what I can do
but Im in the middle of 3rd year in public services

Report the incident to the Police and report the teacher to the Governors - this is a sackable offence.
My tutor was really good at making me feel uncomfortable tha fact that his manner of speaking was disgusting and humiliating
I can't go into what he said as it will probably
Make things worse

I have quit college over what happened today
Report him.
Reply 19
My tutor was really good at making me feel uncomfortable tha fact that his manner of speaking was disgusting and humiliating
I can't go into what he said as it will probably
Make things worse

I have quit college over what happened today

Dont give up so easily on your education. You should stand up for yourself by seeking help and guidance from the college and police otherwise this may continue to happen with you in a workplace. He will learn and have to mend his ways only if you take this further.

People like him need to kept a level peg down so please report him and dont quit on yourself. You've been through alot with the transition which you should be proud and grateful for. This is a reason to why you need to challenge his bheavioural perception.

Moving forward keep your head high and be an positive representative of the lgbtq.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending