The Student Room Group

Things a girl does when she’s interested in you?

So I’m speaking to this girl and we have for a decent amount of time now, not really long because we are still unofficial. She randomly like disappears and doesn’t reply to me for a while and just comes back with no explanation. I’m not saying it’s required or whatever but I mean she won’t reply to my message for like a day. Not everyday but she’s done this on 3 occasions now.

I’m just trying to figure out things girls do when they are genuinely interested in you. So this is my 2nd proper taking stage so i’m not sure what I need to expect. Anyway she’s talks to me about her friends and issues they have etc like when they have arguments. She tells me about her brothers romances with this girl. She’s also told me about what her mother wants her boyfriend to have.

Like I said I don’t really know but the last girl I spoke to never did any of this. Does this stuff mean she’s interested or is that pretty surface level stuff? I’m not really sure.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m speaking to this girl and we have for a decent amount of time now, not really long because we are still unofficial. She randomly like disappears and doesn’t reply to me for a while and just comes back with no explanation. I’m not saying it’s required or whatever but I mean she won’t reply to my message for like a day. Not everyday but she’s done this on 3 occasions now.

I’m just trying to figure out things girls do when they are genuinely interested in you. So this is my 2nd proper taking stage so i’m not sure what I need to expect. Anyway she’s talks to me about her friends and issues they have etc like when they have arguments. She tells me about her brothers romances with this girl. She’s also told me about what her mother wants her boyfriend to have.

Like I said I don’t really know but the last girl I spoke to never did any of this. Does this stuff mean she’s interested or is that pretty surface level stuff? I’m not really sure.

just ask her bro

if you like her, tell her.
Reply 3

well for one shes doesn't like you and shes more likely talking to someone else just saying
Reply 4
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
if you like her, tell her.

I can’t just yet i’ll come off desperate. I need to wait a little bit before I can say that to her
I can’t just yet i’ll come off desperate. I need to wait a little bit before I can say that to her

Right, and if in that time, she finds a bf, don't start crying.
Reply 6
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
Right, and if in that time, she finds a bf, don't start crying.

I’m don’t even know what to do, i made a post a few days ago and the people said i’d come off desperate if I told her. Should I ask if she’s talking to anyone else?
I’m don’t even know what to do, i made a post a few days ago and the people said i’d come off desperate if I told her. Should I ask if she’s talking to anyone else?

hey im a girl, i may be able to help a lil bit.
ok so i need some background : how long have you known her, then how long have you been friends, how long have you been talking, then how long in your opinion have you been like 'talking stage'
Some people are just busy and if you’re in the talking stage, they’re not gonna be thinking of you all the time. Her replies would probably get better when you go on a few dates
o

so ofc every girl is different as i'm sure you're fully aware. from the description you've given it's sort of limited - i wouldn't be able to tell you whether shes flirting or you are just in the friend zone. i say this because she may just like you as a friend and only replies when she has time or , and is equally as likely , it's a form of playing hard to get. if you're talking to someone, esp. when it isn't like official, sometimes instant replies can be a put off. now im not saying this is the circumstance for everyone - it most definitely isn't because it may show that you have interest and some ppl find this attractive, however sometimes it comes off as needy and maybe she doesn't want to do that. so whatever the situation is, don't think she doesn't like you just yet because of slow replies.

here is my main advice

one) figure out what it is you want , is it just to know her better, be flirty friends, actually date her like how do you feel

two) figure out how you're going to achieve this goal and what effort you are going to put - however remember no one wants to come off desperate or needy

three) how does she act around you, nervous, normal, happy ? these can be signs . does she act different with you then when with her friends

four) find out *subtly* what she wants - if shes not interested (not just in you but in a relationship) pls try your best to move on, no one wants to be trying to win someone over who doesn't want them

five) remember your worth - if she rejects you, always think plenty of fish in the sea and she doesn't realise what shes missing out on

things you can do : text her more - not over the top . pls don't be desperate but show her you take an interest in her. speak to her in person! this is so crucial. if you only ever talk on text then it may not develop further - if it's long distance you at least need to face time her. show her your different sides, not the thing she sees everyday. if you put on a hard front , be nice and sweet for a day or vice versa show her how you can be assertive and dominant.

good luck - i hope it works out for you
Original post by holyguac
hey im a girl, i may be able to help a lil bit.
ok so i need some background : how long have you known her, then how long have you been friends, how long have you been talking, then how long in your opinion have you been like 'talking stage'

It’s been about 5 weeks and a half weeks now. I met her online and never knew her prior to this. So essentially we have only known each other for the duration of the talking stage.
Original post by Moonlight rain
Some people are just busy and if you’re in the talking stage, they’re not gonna be thinking of you all the time. Her replies would probably get better when you go on a few dates

Yhh this was what I was hoping for really

i think that you sound like a grate guy and you should be honest with her she dose not like it then is not the right one
Original post by campann000
i think that you sound like a grate guy and you should be honest with her she dose not like it then is not the right one

Honestly there’s nothing more that I would like to do then be “I really like you, I haven’t even looked in another girls direct since we started talking and would love to take this further”. The issue is in 2021 you’d just come off as too keen and that’s often a turn off. There’s so many weird rules you have to follow to get anywhere now I actually hate it
o

Honestly there’s nothing more that I would like to do then be “I really like you, I haven’t even looked in another girls direct since we started talking and would love to take this further”. The issue is in 2021 you’d just come off as too keen and that’s often a turn off. There’s so many weird rules you have to follow to get anywhere now I actually hate it

oh my god i agree! now adays no one can be straight forward because social media has just distorted things so much. i think i'd give it two weeks, really try to create a deeper connection w her - maybe talk everyday. but if that's what you wanna say then you should.
Original post by holyguac
o

oh my god i agree! now adays no one can be straight forward because social media has just distorted things so much. i think i'd give it two weeks, really try to create a deeper connection w her - maybe talk everyday. but if that's what you wanna say then you should.

THANK YOU!!! i 100% agree

Quick Reply

Latest