The Student Room Group

How to end a relationship with a clingy guy?

About a week ago a guy asked me out but I have discovered I only rly liked the attention. I was going to end things, but he’s started talking about the “amazing” birthday present he got me (my birthday is in a few weeks) and how he can only be emotionally open with me and how he’s going to take me out to dinner after exams. I feel like a ***** because I want to get some experience with relationships, but I’m just bored when we spend time together.
My current plan is to wait until term ends then break up with him over the phone in the holidays so he has a while to get over it, as we will be seeing each other fairly often next year.
Any better ideas for how to end things?
You do not like him.
Just tell him and end things, NOW.
Why are you waiting for him to give you that birthday present and take you out to the restaurant and then break up?
That would be mean to do so.
I am sure if role were reversed, you would be saying men are trash.
Please end things now.
Wow that’s not nice of you
Original post by Ackhnologia
You do not like him.
Just tell him and end things, NOW.
Why are you waiting for him to give you that birthday present and take you out to the restaurant and then break up?
That would be mean to do so.
I am sure if role were reversed, you would be saying men are trash.
Please end things now.

Exactly y r u making him waste money on u when u don’t even like u I’m a girl myself n sorry to say ur just disgusting
He has true feelings for u n u just said yes for attention
Don’t lead him on for the “experience” he’s a human with real emotions
Original post by ionali
About a week ago a guy asked me out but I have discovered I only rly liked the attention. I was going to end things, but he’s started talking about the “amazing” birthday present he got me (my birthday is in a few weeks) and how he can only be emotionally open with me and how he’s going to take me out to dinner after exams. I feel like a ***** because I want to get some experience with relationships, but I’m just bored when we spend time together.
My current plan is to wait until term ends then break up with him over the phone in the holidays so he has a while to get over it, as we will be seeing each other fairly often next year.

I hate women like you, grow some balls and end it now
Original post by ionali

End it.
Reply 7
It’s bad form leading people on, knock it on the head now if you’re really not up for it. Wonder what the present is, mind..
I ain’t gonna say anything someone just reported

Quick Reply

Latest