The Student Room Group

is A*BC the same as ABB

Im applying to Uni of Manchester and I need a ABB, can I still get in with A*BC?
It’s possible they’ll let you in but they’re not obliged to.
Original post by lollipoplady101
Im applying to Uni of Manchester and I need a ABB, can I still get in with A*BC?

They may still let you in, but officially, you haven’t met your offer, so they don’t have to.

Why don’t you ring them up tomorrow and ask them directly.
Original post by PQ
Why don’t you ring them up tomorrow and ask them directly.

I don't wanna seem like an idiot esp when they ask for my details

Those are great grades well done
I don't wanna seem like an idiot esp when they ask for my details

It's a perfectly sensible and normal question for applicants to ask.

Lots of universities explain this as part of offer holder/visit days. Don't rely on guesses on TSR - talk to your university.
TBH would probably depend on what the grades are in - say you're applying for English and you got A* (English) B (History) & C (Maths), they'd likely be fairly fine with it. But if you got an A* in Maths and C in English, it'd be more of a problem. Same applies if the A* is in an 'easier' subject, or if you've done an A level in a language you already speak fluently.
Honestly, they might or might not depending on how busy the course is and which subjects you get the grades in. I wouldn't worry to much tho if you get those grades.

They are not the same because consistency is the real kicker with grades - ABB shows a consistently performing student, A*BC shows a student who over and underperforms which is the issue. I wouldn't sweat it tho - I got BCC - Still got a 2:1 in my degree and have a great job working for the Government. Go to Uni, (even if its not your first choice). Have fun.... smash out a good 2:1 with some extra activities and find a job/scheme to challenge you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending