The Student Room Group

anyone feeling sad/depressed about leaving uni?

I just realised that next week is my last week and I feel so down about it. Im going through so many different emotions. I was upset when we went into lockdown during second year of uni and it was cut short early but I loved it once I got use to it. I loved not having anything to do but it got boring quickly and I was going through stuff so I wanted distractions.Third year came and when I found out I was all online I was upset but go tuse to it then came the few sessions where we had to go tuni and I was very anxious but it was good.Its mainly online but once a week we have to go in if there is a session which I enjoy. It gives me something to look forward to and its not too often where its annoying etc. I have one very good friend. i also started to talk to 2 other people and now we wont even have the opportunity to develop a friendship anymore :frown:. I hate change and its such a big one where you go from being a student and having the community to being all alone. I am not excited about working, I'm terrified.I am trying to tell myself ill get use to the change the way I have before and there will be a good future but I cant see a future at all. I cant imagine it. As sad as it sounds I have had something to look forward to when I check my uni emails, or do my small assignments. i felt a similar way he i left college but as I had a good uni experience it was ok. Now I dont have anything similar to look forward to. Anyoenn had a similar experience with uni and how did it turn out? anyone going through the same now
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm sorry but welcome to reality. Honestly this I kinda feels like second hand embarrassment so I wasn’t going to reply but... just grow up. You need to get on with it and move on. Do you think anyone is happy about leaving, school, college, changing jobs etc. Nobody is because that's life. A strong sense of entitlement in your life is going to make you get down at times that isn't validation to pity yourself. So go ahead. Rather than making it it someone’s responsibility to make you happy, grow up and move on from university.

The most honest advice you need right now is quit playing the sympathy cars. Get a career, stop worrying about the leaving uni and focus on the process, and basically wind your neck in. You knew you werent going to be at university for ever. Its just to get you studies done and move on. So just get employed and build your savings.

Fair
Reply 2
I'm sorry but welcome to reality. Honestly this I kinda feels like second hand embarrassment so I wasn’t going to reply but... just grow up. You need to get on with it and move on. Do you think anyone is happy about leaving, school, college, changing jobs etc. Nobody is because that's life. A strong sense of entitlement in your life is going to make you get down at times that isn't validation to pity yourself. So go ahead. Rather than making it it someone’s responsibility to make you happy, grow up and move on from university.

The most honest advice you need right now is quit playing the sympathy cars. Get a career, stop worrying about the leaving uni and focus on the process, and basically wind your neck in. You knew you werent going to be at university for ever. Its just to get you studies done and move on. So just get employed and build your savings.

LMAO okay anonymous. Get off anonymous then we'll talk. Im getting second hand embarrassment for you.. typing up paragraphs with hate. Are you okay?

Don't be so callous. If this was your response to those looking for empathy, then you'd have to copy and paste this post onto 90% of TSR threads. If you want to be a bit more humane you could've excluded the parts where you attacked OP -_-
LMAO okay anonymous. Get off anonymous then we'll talk. Im getting second hand embarrassment for you.. typing up paragraphs with hate. Are you okay?

I know they were being a jerk, but not everything they wrote was untrue and this is in fact the reality of life. You move on. You'll be fine, don't worry! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by cleveranimal56
Don't be so callous. If this was your response to those looking for empathy, then you'd have to copy and paste this post onto 90% of TSR threads. If you want to be a bit more humane you could've excluded the parts where you attacked OP -_-

Thanks just needed someone to talk to lmao. Also imagine they commented this under a wrong persons post. They could've really tipped someone over the edge with their harsh words
Reply 6
Original post by cleveranimal56
I know they were being a jerk, but not everything they wrote was untrue and this is in fact the reality of life. You move on. You'll be fine, don't worry! :biggrin:

i know its the reality of life.. I'm not dumb. I wanted to hear about other peoples experiences. Useless coming on here
i know its the reality of life.. I'm not dumb. I wanted to hear about other peoples experiences. Useless coming on here

That's good to know; maybe it was the wrong decision coming here. Even though the other anonymous poster didn't have the nicest response, you aren't coming off as too nice either. -_-

Quick Reply

Latest