What would you ask an admissions tutor if you could?

Watch
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This year has been a tough one when it comes to uni applications. Dealing with the pandemic, lockdowns, changes in procedures and cancellations of exams has all been a real challenge for students and universities alike.

Admissions tutors work at universities to look through applications and decide which applicants should get a place at that institution. They're a fountain of knowledge about university admissions, what to do on your application and how to put yourself in the best possible position to get onto the course you want. Basically - super useful people to ask questions about your application to!

If you applied to uni this year, are worried about Results Day, or are looking to apply next year, what would you ask an admissions tutor if you could?
zodisagoddess21
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
This year has been a tough one when it comes to uni applications. Dealing with the pandemic, lockdowns, changes in procedures and cancellations of exams has all been a real challenge for students and universities alike.

Admissions tutors work at universities to look through applications and decide which applicants should get a place at that institution. They're a fountain of knowledge about university admissions, what to do on your application and how to put yourself in the best possible position to get onto the course you want. Basically - super useful people to ask questions about your application to!

If you applied to uni this year, are worried about Results Day, or are looking to apply next year, what would you ask an admissions tutor if you could?
why are you taking so long,
Koreeda
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm working on a video where admissions staff will provide answers to some of the big questions around this year's admissions process. If there's anything you want to ask - this is your opportunity to get your questions put directly to the experts. It's also a chance to address any rumours that you may have heard about this year's admissions and get clarity.

I'm particularly interested in the ways in which this year is different from previous years and what that means for uni applications but I'm open to other suggestions. What would you like to know and what sorts of questions should we be asking?
aaron2578
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Will you put less emphasis on grades and more emphasis on other things this year?
Will you be more lenient to those who don't have the entry requirements but still applied to the course anyway?
Koreeda
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
This video is live on our YouTube channel now

aaron2578 we asked your question about leniency at 4:00

aaron2578
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 22 hours ago
(Original post by Koreeda)
This video is live on our YouTube channel now

aaron2578 we asked your question about leniency at 4:00

Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (55)
6.16%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.31%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.53%
Lack of purpose or motivation (111)
12.43%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.93%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.38%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.09%
Financial worries (60)
6.72%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (41)
4.59%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.27%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.91%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.63%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.06%

Watched Threads