The Student Room Group

Student finance EU student 2021

I was wondering if you are permanently living in the UK with EU Nationality, and having pre-settled status if you qualify as a home student or EU student? also when is an application process for EU nationals living in the UK opening
Original post by Chxchii
I was wondering if you are permanently living in the UK with EU Nationality, and having pre-settled status if you qualify as a home student or EU student? also when is an application process for EU nationals living in the UK opening

Hi there, EU Nationals who hold pre settled status can apply for the Tuition Fee Loan only. The application will launch at the end of this month https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/studying-full-time-in-england-and-only-qualify-for-support-with-tuition-fees/2021-to-2022/no
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, EU Nationals who hold pre settled status can apply for the Tuition Fee Loan only. The application will launch at the end of this month https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/studying-full-time-in-england-and-only-qualify-for-support-with-tuition-fees/2021-to-2022/no
Thanks, Isaac

what about maintenance loan. i havent lived in the UK for more than 5 years but i haved lived here for 3 years now. is there any way other way of getting finance
Original post by Chxchii
what about maintenance loan. i havent lived in the UK for more than 5 years but i haved lived here for 3 years now. is there any way other way of getting finance

You must have full settled status or meet the Migrant Worker criteria http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
You must have full settled status or meet the Migrant Worker criteria http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you so much Isaac, you very much appreciated by us students here :smile:
Original post by Chxchii
Thank you so much Isaac, you very much appreciated by us students here :smile:

Thanks for the kind words, glad to help :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks for the kind words, glad to help :smile:

Hi Isaac,

I am currently applying as a child of a migrant worker and I was wondering if I need to submit one of my parent's information or both.
I wanted to submit my mum, as she has been here longer than me and my dad.
What documentation do I have to send in to show the relation between me and my mum.

I also wondered what exactly need to be sent as the number of papers with the PN1 is 45 papers. I am assuming that you need to send the part that you have sent.

is there a way that I can send it online or does it have to be by post? and also, if you are sending the PN1 form, do you have to send your passport/ID or do you wait for what SFE is asking you to send in as evidence.

I know this is alot at once, and i do apologise for so many questions but I really appreciate the help
Original post by Chxchii
Hi Isaac,

I am currently applying as a child of a migrant worker and I was wondering if I need to submit one of my parent's information or both.
I wanted to submit my mum, as she has been here longer than me and my dad.
What documentation do I have to send in to show the relation between me and my mum.

I also wondered what exactly need to be sent as the number of papers with the PN1 is 45 papers. I am assuming that you need to send the part that you have sent.

is there a way that I can send it online or does it have to be by post? and also, if you are sending the PN1 form, do you have to send your passport/ID or do you wait for what SFE is asking you to send in as evidence.

I know this is alot at once, and i do apologise for so many questions but I really appreciate the help

Good morning, are you under the age of 21?

If so then we need(copied from our guidance):

-The students original Passport or National ID Card (we cannot accept paper ID cards or Irish ID cards)
-The parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card (we cannot accept paper ID cards or Irish ID cards)
- a photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent*
-The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
-The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)

A copy of the parents contract of employment, this will need to confirm the following;
Required;

Employment start date
Contracted hours per week
Be signed and dated by a member of HR or their manager

Desirable;

Hourly rate of pay
Contract type - permanent, fixed or temporary

If you want to apply for the higher rate of funding then both of your parents should complete the back of the PN1 form.
You only need to send one parents evidence for the Migrant Worker application.

Unfortunately the form must be sent in the post.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
Good morning, are you under the age of 21?

If so then we need(copied from our guidance):

-The students original Passport or National ID Card (we cannot accept paper ID cards or Irish ID cards)
-The parent or step parents original Passport or National ID Card (we cannot accept paper ID cards or Irish ID cards)
- a photocopy of the students birth certificate naming the parent*
-The parent or step parents last 3 months payslips (if available)
-The parent or step parents most recent P60 (if available)

A copy of the parents contract of employment, this will need to confirm the following;
Required;

Employment start date
Contracted hours per week
Be signed and dated by a member of HR or their manager

Desirable;

Hourly rate of pay
Contract type - permanent, fixed or temporary

If you want to apply for the higher rate of funding then both of your parents should complete the back of the PN1 form.
You only need to send one parents evidence for the Migrant Worker application.

Unfortunately the form must be sent in the post.
Thanks, Isaac

I am under the age of 21, However I don't think my mum has my birth certificate at hand, is there any other way to prove the relationship?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Chxchii
I am under the age of 21, However I don't think my mum has my birth certificate at hand, is there any other way to prove the relationship?

There would no other document that proves she is your mother, you can contact your government or embassy for advice on how to request a new birth certificate.

Our guidance does say if you can't provide evidence you can write a letter to explain why but I doubt our assessors will process the application without seeing proof that she is your mum.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 10
There would no other document that proves she is your mother, you can contact your government or embassy for advice on how to request a new birth certificate.

Our guidance does say if you can't provide evidence you can write a letter to explain why but I doubt our assessors will process the application without seeing proof that she is your mum.
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks Isaac,
so to my understanding now, if you have lived here for more than 3 years, you can apply for Migrant worker funding.
does that mean that the university can still class you as an international student, even though you have lived here continuously.
I got all my offers back in April and with every last one of them, I'm classed for international fees which I am not able to pay.
This due to the fact that it was unclear how EU nationals were going to be assessed but surely now, we are classified as home student? especially with a pre-settled status?
Original post by Chxchii
Thanks Isaac,
so to my understanding now, if you have lived here for more than 3 years, you can apply for Migrant worker funding.
does that mean that the university can still class you as an international student, even though you have lived here continuously.
I got all my offers back in April and with every last one of them, I'm classed for international fees which I am not able to pay.
This due to the fact that it was unclear how EU nationals were going to be assessed but surely now, we are classified as home student? especially with a pre-settled status?

That's incorrect, you don't need to be in the UK for 3 years to apply as a Migrant Worker. You need to have been in the EU/EEA or UK for the last 3 years but in the UK before/on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of your course.

We expect universities to charge the home fee to any student with pre settled status but we have no say in this. If your university charge the international fee then you could look for a different university that doesn't.

We expect universities to charge the home fee to any student with pre settled status yes.
You can't apply for home student funding from us with pre settled status though, you need to either have full settled status or meet the Migrant Worker http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f criteria.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 12

That's incorrect, you don't need to be in the UK for 3 years to apply as a Migrant Worker. You need to have been in the EU/EEA or UK for the last 3 years but in the UK before/on the 1st day of the 1st academic year of your course.

We expect universities to charge the home fee to any student with pre settled status but we have no say in this. If your university charge the international fee then you could look for a different university that doesn't.

We expect universities to charge the home fee to any student with pre settled status yes.
You can't apply for home student funding from us with pre settled status though, you need to either have full settled status or meet the Migrant Worker http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f criteria.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you Isaac for help and patience, well appreciated :smile: enjoy your weekend !
Original post by Chxchii
Thank you Isaac for help and patience, well appreciated :smile: enjoy your weekend !

You're welcome :smile: I hope you have a lovely weekend too.
Reply 14
Hi Isaac,
hope all is well.

I found my birth certificate but I was just wondering what the use of the birth certificate is needed.

is it just to show my mom/dad to be named as the parent of the child (me)

thanks
Original post by Chxchii
Hi Isaac,
hope all is well.

I found my birth certificate but I was just wondering what the use of the birth certificate is needed.

is it just to show my mom/dad to be named as the parent of the child (me)

thanks

Hi there, everything is fine here - I hope you are also doing good and keeping safe :smile:

The birth certificate is only a requirement when you apply as a child of a migrant worker because it's used to prove that the Migrant Worker is your parent.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 16
Hi there, everything is fine here - I hope you are also doing good and keeping safe :smile:

The birth certificate is only a requirement when you apply as a child of a migrant worker because it's used to prove that the Migrant Worker is your parent.

Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for help even during these uncertain times, I really appreciate it :smile:
Original post by Chxchii
Thank you for help even during these uncertain times, I really appreciate it :smile:

You're welcome - always glad to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending