The Student Room Group

Admissions to Oxford -History

Thinking about applying to Oxford to study history and currently studying 4 a levels (history, English, french and theatre)

Thinking about dropping one to ensure enough time to do justice to the other three - do you think Oxford admissions would look unfavourably at 'History, English, Theatre studies'?

Thanks for any advice!
Original post by Bell0na
Hi, I have an offer to study History and English at Oxford and my A Levels are History, English and Art. As long as your predicted grades are good in History and English, I don't think they'd look unfavourably upon a creative A Level. If you want you could try to incorporate something into your personal statement about how Theatre studies has helped your study of History but I really wouldn't worry too much!

Thanks so much! That's really helpful xx
Original post by Bell0na
Hi, I have an offer to study History and English at Oxford and my A Levels are History, English and Art. As long as your predicted grades are good in History and English, I don't think they'd look unfavourably upon a creative A Level. If you want you could try to incorporate something into your personal statement about how Theatre studies has helped your study of History but I really wouldn't worry too much!

which college? my friend does the same a levels amd also has a history & english offer!
Original post by Bell0na

what college? my friend does the same A-Levels and has an offer for history & english too !
Original post by Bell0na
That’s so cool! My place is at Wadham. Idk anyone else going as it’s such a small course so would be great to know what college your friend is going to!

Regent’s Park! He, however, also originally applied to Wadham!
Original post by Bell0na
You're welcome! If you have any more questions about history admissions I'm happy to answer

Thank you!
for oxford they'll mainly care about your GCSEs and HAT performance. Although i think for history gcses may matter less than other courses but Oxford certainly care a lot about gcses and cGCSEs
Correct decision to do 3 A Levels instead of 4
Quality > Quantity when it comes to ALevel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending