The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Chances of Warwick

i study Business, politics and history and i am predicted A* A A/ A*A*A and want to apply for ppe at Warwick. however i only got a 6 in maths not the asked for 7. what are my chances at getting in?
Original post by Oliver000
i study Business, politics and history and i am predicted A* A A/ A*A*A and want to apply for ppe at Warwick. however i only got a 6 in maths not the asked for 7. what are my chances at getting in?

Warwick make offers to a very large proportion of applicants. They pretty much just let A levels do the filtering. I can't find the statistics for that particular course, but expect the offer rate to be about 90%.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Nagromicous
Warwick make offers to a very large proportion of applicants. They pretty much just let A levels do the filtering. I can't find the statistics for that particular course, but expect the offer rate to be about 90%.

thank you

I got an EPP offer for A*AA so you should be good. Especially if you get 2 A*s instead of only the one required.
Reply 4
Original post by brandonr9
I got an EPP offer for A*AA so you should be good. Especially if you get 2 A*s instead of only the one required.

What did you achieve in gcse maths?
What did you achieve in gcse maths?

9, but I can hardly imagine GCSE grades make a big difference if your A Level grades are great
Reply 6
9, but I can hardly imagine GCSE grades make a big difference if your A Level grades are great

Do you think it will be okay if I match the entry of A* A A or would I have to get A* A* A?
Do you think it will be okay if I match the entry of A* A A or would I have to get A* A* A?

I really can't tell you that since it's on case by case basis. You have your predicted grades already, apply for it and if you don't get in you don't get in! Try your hardest to get the A level grades since that's all you can do now.

if you don't meet the minimum requirements listed for GCSEs don't you automatically get rejected? OP is applying withy predicted A-level grades not achieved ones.
Reply 9
I really can't tell you that since it's on case by case basis. You have your predicted grades already, apply for it and if you don't get in you don't get in! Try your hardest to get the A level grades since that's all you can do now.

okay, thank you
Original post by Nagromicous

This isn't necessarily true for all courses; it's widely known to be the case for their flagship maths course, but that's because they require STEP for that and many fail to achieve the STEP condition of their offer. It may not be the case for other courses they offer which they don't require STEP.
Original post by Levi.-
if you don't meet the minimum requirements listed for GCSEs don't you automatically get rejected? OP is applying withy predicted A-level grades not achieved ones.

It's just that getting a 6 in GCSE and not a 7 is such a small and minute detail and if they were able to overachieve their A-level grade it could definitely be overlooked. Admissions managers aren't robots, they're humans who understand and can compromise. Regardless it's still worth applying.
It's just that getting a 6 in GCSE and not a 7 is such a small and minute detail and if they were able to overachieve their A-level grade it could definitely be overlooked. Admissions managers aren't robots, they're humans who understand and can compromise. Regardless it's still worth applying.

i agree re: overachieving with actual grades, idk about predictions since most others will have them too.

Quick Reply

Latest