The Student Room Group

his friend started following me

hi guys, i‘ve been out a few times with a guy and it was extremely intense and didn‘t really end well. we‘ve recently talked about it and even if were both uncertain how the situation is now, we at least could talk about it pecefully. it seems like an end but kind of not. but what happened now was, that a really good friend of him, which i‘ve also known in the past, but didn‘t really have contact with, started following me and liking pictures on instagram. does this mean anything? i thought there was kind of a bro code where certain females are off limits, but maybe it doesn‘t always apply? or am i reading too much into this? thank you in advance for your help.
Reply 1
move to his mate
'Bro/Girl code is generally just childish tosh when you get down to tbh. The idea that you're never allowed to act on a connection with someone because of what their ex might think is silly. There's nothing wrong with being delicate or taking a friends feelings into account, but it's not any sort of rule.
Reply 3
you're over-thinking things.
People are allowed to appreciate other people's interests / posts on social media.
okay, this guy was a friend of your ex. Doesn't mean he's the same like-for-like replica of the guy.
Original post by shmjuck
move to his mate

unfortunately, not that interested in him
Original post by StriderHort
'Bro/Girl code is generally just childish tosh when you get down to tbh. The idea that you're never allowed to act on a connection with someone because of what their ex might think is silly. There's nothing wrong with being delicate or taking a friends feelings into account, but it's not any sort of rule.

i‘m not really interested in his friend, but i thought maybe that can mean that he indeed isn‘t as interested as i thought or as it appeared when we talked. thank you for your response. i think i read too much into it then
i think you'd greatly overestimating the importance of social media and he's probably not trying it on with you
Original post by Adz2042
you're over-thinking things.
People are allowed to appreciate other people's interests / posts on social media.
okay, this guy was a friend of your ex. Doesn't mean he's the same like-for-like replica of the guy.

i‘m not really interested in him, but i thought it could mean something haha i think i tend to iverthing such little details. thank you for your response.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by thankuforthehelp
hi guys, i‘ve been out a few times with a guy and it was extremely intense and didn‘t really end well. we‘ve recently talked about it and even if were both uncertain how the situation is now, we at least could talk about it pecefully. it seems like an end but kind of not. but what happened now was, that a really good friend of him, which i‘ve also known in the past, but didn‘t really have contact with, started following me and liking pictures on instagram. does this mean anything? i thought there was kind of a bro code where certain females are off limits, but maybe it doesn‘t always apply? or am i reading too much into this? thank you in advance for your help.

i think the question is... GIRL is he cute? if so move to him :smile: do what feels right girl
Original post by HoldThisL
i think you'd greatly overestimating the importance of social media and he's probably not trying it on with you

might be the case haha thank you for the help
Original post by campann000
i think the question is... GIRL is he cute? if so move to him :smile: do what feels right girl

not really my type hahahah but i know him because we went to school together few years ago. great character but not my type unfortunately. thank you for your advise!
Original post by thankuforthehelp
might be the case haha thank you for the help

i think ... that you have to do what you feel is right if that is asking your ex/friend if he is ok with that or texting his friend .
Original post by campann000
i think ... that you have to do what you feel is right if that is asking your ex/friend if he is ok with that or texting his friend .

yeah you are 100% right. i just need to do what feels right
thank you, indeed i do that too. sometimes it‘s a bit difficult to see things objectively. thank you for the help
that really helped me. truly thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending