The Student Room Group

Do your parents rent or own the house?

Poll

Do your parents rent or own the house?

Sorry if it's a bit personal

Scroll to see replies

my parents owned a house but split up; now one owns a house and the other rents while working out where they want to live long term

why are you interested?
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
my parents owned a house but split up; now one owns a house and the other rents while working out where they want to live long term

why are you interested?

I just am. Kind of similar to me though
(edited 2 years ago)
I don't know how it is now, but when I lived together with my parents they lived in a rent house.

@Imabigman. I would love to know - out of curiosity - whether your parents own a house...
(edited 2 years ago)
My parents own two houses, they bough the second one around 5 years ago. We rent the second one, and live in the first. It's because the first house was much easier to buy, since house prices were very low earlier own. Houses that cost sub 100k to buy back in the day now costs millions, so some people have hit the jackpot due to things like gentrification playing a part in retail value. Nowadays, more people are renting properties due to the steep prices that are being demanded. So look it at like that, a majority of recent migrants will live in rented properties :biggrin:
@Imabigman. I would love to know - out of curiosity - whether your parents own a house...

At last you began with this thing.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Kallisto

At last you began with this thing.

One does and one doesn't but we are buying a house soon
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by cleveranimal56
My parents own two houses, they bough the second one around 5 years ago. We rent the second one, and live in the first. It's because the first house was much easier to buy, since house prices were very low earlier own. Houses that cost sub 100k to buy back in the day now costs millions, so some people have hit the jackpot due to things like gentrification playing a part in retail value. Nowadays, more people are renting properties due to the steep prices that are being demanded. So look it at like that, a majority of recent migrants will live in rented properties :biggrin:

That's sick
Reply 8
Nice
Original post by Imabigman.
That's sick

Yeah lol, I wish I bought a few houses back in the day. I heard houses cost a few thousand at some point. Would've been easy millions; oh well, it's another bitcoin scenario where you wish you knew.
Reply 10
Yeah lol, I wish I bought a few houses back in the day. I heard houses cost a few thousand at some point. Would've been easy millions; oh well, it's another bitcoin scenario where you wish you knew.

I know, my uncle took me to his first house he had and he only paid like 20 bags. You'd be lucky to get Nissan Qashqai for that now
Own it
Reply 12

I wonder if house prices will ever crash. Maybe if the population declines it will become a possibility
One does and one doesn't but we are buying a house soon

In short: both of your parents who are separated from each other own a house soon. So no one will live in a rent house in the future.
Original post by Luka9
I wonder if house prices will ever crash. Maybe if the population declines it will become a possibility

If there's demand there's a cost. And the population sure as hell isn't going to decline. And more people are coming from less developed countries where birth rates are higher, so inevitably prices will continue to rise.
Reply 15
Original post by deadroseex
Own it

Decent
Reply 16
Original post by Kallisto
In short: both of your parents who are separated from each other own a house soon. So no one will live in a rent house in the future.

Yep but I'm moving out soon so might rent first but end up buying
Bought it, only cost £80,000 back in the day, i think they moved in the late 80s, now worth just over £300,000 (due to location rather than the actual building) crazy how the prices have changed over the years. Only payed it off in 2016 though..
Reply 18
Original post by Max1989
Bought it, only cost £80,000 back in the day, i think they moved in the late 80s, now worth just over £300,000 (due to location rather than the actual building) crazy how the prices have changed over the years. Only payed it off in 2016 though..

That's sick still though
Yep but I'm moving out soon so might rent first but end up buying

I wish the best of luck for your scheme, in the hope of you will find houses you like to live in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending