The Student Room Group

Can universities give offers with a condition that isn’t on the requirements list?

I’m an international student, and I’ll write some extra standardised tests (APs) on the UCAS’s “qualifications not yet taken” section, but only one of the universities that I’ll apply require them. Would others just ignore them or give conditional offer based on them even though they aren’t on their entry requirements list?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by myt27
I’m an international student, and I’ll write some extra standardised tests (APs) on the UCAS’s “qualifications not yet taken” section, but only one of the universities that I’ll apply require them. Would others just ignore them or give conditional offer based on them even though they aren’t on their entry requirements list?

They could include them but if they have a standard offer for international students which you could potentially meet with your other qualifications, it’s likely they’ll just ignore them.

There is a small possibility they may give you an either/or offer. Eg. Achieve XYZ in your SATs or ABC in your SATs and 4,4 in your AP’s.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
They could include them but if they have a standard offer for international students which you could potentially meet with your other qualifications, it’s likely they’ll just ignore them.

There is a small possibility they may give you an either/or offer. Eg. Achieve XYZ in your SATs or ABC in your SATs and 4,4 in your AP’s.

Actually APs are only a part of requirements of a single university (UCL) that I’ll apply. The rest don’t even mention APs or SATs as a requirement, they only requires a GPA from my country, and my GPA is more than enough. So considering these, I think they’ll most likely to ignore it, right?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by myt27
Actually APs are only a part of requirements of a single university (UCL) that I’ll apply. The rest don’t even mention APs or SATs as a requirement, they only requires a GPA from my country, and my GPA is more than enough. So considering these, I think they’ll most likely to ignore it, right?

Most likely, unless they give you more than one set of offer conditions.
Reply 4
Original post by Admit-One
Most likely, unless they give you more than one set of offer conditions.

By saying more than one set of offer conditions do you mean an either/or offer?
Original post by myt27
By saying more than one set of offer conditions do you mean an either/or offer?

Yes.

Possible in some cases and a benefit to you as it gives you more ways to fulfil the offer.

Quick Reply

Latest