The Student Room Group

Should I never discuss job applications? Did I put my foot in it

Is it bad to say this at my training school

So I've started the job app process. Obviously I told my mentor and HOD as that's the process here. But only thing was earlier today another staff member said as I was walking out my lesson "how was the lesson" j said "all fine just the odd few messing around as usual" she then said "ah okay. So anyway have you started the application process now for jobs" I said yes. And she said "what about here?" Ans I stupidly said "I think it's just the behaviour I struggle with”

Did I put my foot in it a bit there with that? I mean all the staff know it's an issue since covid but it's just gotten more of a problem lately and staff say it all the time. Im wondering if I messed up?
Reply 1
You have not messed up. If other staff say they have no discipline issues they are probably not telling the truth or are deluded.

A thing that bedevils schools is where the senior staff make the right noises about discipline but do not actually do anything to help.
Meanwhile, new staff will be really worried that they are the only ones with issues.

Be open about things and other staff will help. Even if the SMT won't.

Good luck with it all.
Reply 2
It is unlikely that any of the other staff care at all about whether you plan to teach there or at another school, beyond general interest. As long as you are not saying anything derogatory about their teaching, don't worry about it.
Original post by w678
Is it bad to say this at my training school

So I've started the job app process. Obviously I told my mentor and HOD as that's the process here. But only thing was earlier today another staff member said as I was walking out my lesson "how was the lesson" j said "all fine just the odd few messing around as usual" she then said "ah okay. So anyway have you started the application process now for jobs" I said yes. And she said "what about here?" Ans I stupidly said "I think it's just the behaviour I struggle with”

Did I put my foot in it a bit there with that? I mean all the staff know it's an issue since covid but it's just gotten more of a problem lately and staff say it all the time. Im wondering if I messed up?

You're overthinking this massively, she was just making polite conversation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending