I think my little brother wants me dead

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So my younger brother is only 9 years old so this is kinda unexpected, but all the time, if I don't want to talk to him because I'm busy, he'll say stuff like "GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" and "IF SOMEONE KILLED YOU, THEY WOULDN'T GET ARRESTED, THEY WOULD GET AN AWARD!" also "I HOPE SOMEONE BREAKS INTO THE HOUSE JUST TO KILL YOU!" This kind of stuff happens regularly, and my perants don't seem to notice, as far as they know, he's the 'golden kid' and I'm the 'no trouble maker who just wants to make my brother's life worse' anything he dose wrong, he'll blame me for, and I'll get in trouble, anytime he's bored, he'll claim I yelled at him saying he shouldn't exist, he also says "you know I can kill you if I want" and "one day, I'm gonna kill you" this has been going on for years and I don't know what to do about it, what should I do?
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If your parents haven't 'noticed', i think you should tell them about what is happening first and foremost. This is quite strange behaviour for a young child.
the_pharaoh
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So my younger brother is only 9 years old so this is kinda unexpected, but all the time, if I don't want to talk to him because I'm busy, he'll say stuff like "GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" and "IF SOMEONE KILLED YOU, THEY WOULDN'T GET ARRESTED, THEY WOULD GET AN AWARD!" also "I HOPE SOMEONE BREAKS INTO THE HOUSE JUST TO KILL YOU!" This kind of stuff happens regularly, and my perants don't seem to notice, as far as they know, he's the 'golden kid' and I'm the 'no trouble maker who just wants to make my brother's life worse' anything he dose wrong, he'll blame me for, and I'll get in trouble, anytime he's bored, he'll claim I yelled at him saying he shouldn't exist, he also says "you know I can kill you if I want" and "one day, I'm gonna kill you" this has been going on for years and I don't know what to do about it, what should I do?
Ok he might just be overreacting after all he's only 9 he doesnt know what he's talking

altho he could still be a psycopath but the stuff he says isnt rlly and indicator cuz hes still immature
SDwift2005
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
no-one who is 9 years old says that crap. we have all been 9 years old at one point and i can safely say 99.99% of us didn't say crap like this to anyone at that age.
Kawaii.Princess
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
:confused:

I'm sure 9 year olds won't say something like that.

record him saying everything he says to you and show it to your parents for proof
Last edited by Kawaii.Princess; 2 months ago
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Speak to your parents about it. Perhaps he's struggling with his anger.
I doubt you never do anything wrong if your parents say you're making your brothers life harder even with his fake blaming you. Step away from your personal bias for a moment, is there anything you do that can be quite rude or bothersome to your brother? If there is, stop doing it. It is clearly bothering him... a lot.

(Original post by SDwift2005)
no-one who is 9 years old says that crap. we have all been 9 years old at one point and i can safely say 99.99% of us didn't say crap like this to anyone at that age.
... which is why OP is worried :facepalm2:
TFEU
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
-Record him saying that. Use it to blackmail him.
-Let close family and friends know that if you go missing, your brother is the primary suspect with all the death threats (and make sure he knows that too).
-Fake an injury and say your brother did it, that will get your parents to notice (think Gone Girl).
-Have an escape plan ready and savings on hand.
-Sleep with a baseball bat.
-Take self-defence lessons and make sure your brother can see you practice your kicks.
-If the time comes to it, you might have to kill him just to preserve your life. Make sure he knows that too, and that you are not scared to hurt him if you must.

The way to fight a psychopath is to become a more terrifying psychopath.

Or just sit your parents down and talk to them about it. Idk.
Last edited by TFEU; 2 months ago
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TFEU)
-Let close family and friends know that if you go missing, your brother is the primary suspect with all the death threats (and make sure he knows that too).
-Fake an injury and say your brother did it, that will get your parents to notice (think Gone Girl).
-Have an escape plan ready and savings on hand. -Sleep with a baseball bat.
-Take self-defence lessons and make sure your brother can see you practice your kicks.
-If the time comes to it, you might have to kill him just to persevere your life. Make sure he knows that too, and that you are not scared to hurt him if you must.

Lol, mad.
jizzbomb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TFEU)
-Have an escape plan ready and savings on hand. -Sleep with a baseball bat.
-If the time comes to it, you might have to kill him just to persevere your life. Make sure he knows that too, and that you are not scared to hurt him if you must.

The only sensible reply so far.
Mr.Nameless
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TFEU)
-Have an escape plan ready and savings on hand.
-Sleep with a baseball bat.
-If the time comes to it, you might have to kill him just to preserve your life. Make sure he knows that too, and that you are not scared to hurt him if you must.

LOL!!
That was a detailed...beautifully explained reply
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If that was my little brother, he would have gotten a hiding from me a very long time ago for saying things like this.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
How old are you op?
username5752988
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Get your ma and dad on your side by explaining his behaviour and if you can, show proof.

Then get him to a psychologist immediatly, this is not a good indicator of future behaviour. Will he be a serial killer? Probably not, but he could be a problamatic child.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (0)
0%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (0)
0%
No I am happy with my choice (0)
0%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads