The Student Room Group

Resitting A-Levels

So I performed well in year 12 but due to COVID, in all honesty my mental health was at rock bottom and I was unable to physically sit at my desk day in day out and do online learning through both lockdowns. This then affected my performance in year 13 and I was unfortunately predicted three Bs as opposed to 3 As. I'm considering resitting but I don't want to do it in the autumn because we missed a lot of content, meaning I'd have to teach myself complex topics (ligands and ion structure for chem and genetic engineering for biology) so I'm unsure whether to sit the summer exams next year. I'd like to resit all three subjects but I certainly don't think 4 months to teach myself new content, revise it and memorise it along with revision for the two year courses is long enough to actually do considerably well. What should I do?
Talk to your college.

I would suggest that you ask to be entered for the autumn exams for at least one subject and then the others in the summer - that spreads the workload but also gives you the fall back option to sit all 3 in the summer if you need to.
Original post by PQ
Talk to your college.

I would suggest that you ask to be entered for the autumn exams for at least one subject and then the others in the summer - that spreads the workload but also gives you the fall back option to sit all 3 in the summer if you need to.

I spoke to college and they virtually said the decision is up to me. I think I might resit the year as it will allow me to sit in those lessons we did in lockdown and the ones we didn't learn - still unsure though.

Quick Reply

Latest