The Student Room Group

Asked for my number but didn't call, now doesn't talk?

Hi.

I have been acquaintances with a guy whom I met 2 months ago. He used to stare at me a lot, nearly all the time. I found him cute though had seen him only with a face covering as our uni has strict face covering policy. With a face covering, he looked really nice. Though I saw him without it and he did not really appeal to me. At that time, I sort of stopped taking interest in him.
However, he started talking to me and soon we became kind of friends. Though we still weren't on each others Facebooks or Instagram. He then asked me for my number two times.

I didn't want to give him but my friends coerced me to give in as he was really nice. So I gave it to him. On the day I gave him, he didn't text or call. He looked extremely disshellved that day and was saying he was very tired due to hangover from last night. So I thought maybe that's why.
The next day I met him, he said got me my favourite croissant for free(wouldn't take money) and said he will write to me today. But no message came.

Today, I saw that he saw me and asked his friend to talk to me while he technically went behind his other friends. Basically trying to avoid talking to me. Then while I was talking to his friend, he walked behind him waving at me. I ignored him, pretending to talk. Then he came next to us and started chatting to another friend. I still didn't look at him but then I saw him and he was waving at me again. I didn't wave like I usually do. Just smiled and left.

I feel really horrible right now. What do I do? Why did he treat me like this?? Or am I overreacting ?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds like you just need to talk to the guy
Reply 2
Original post by JGLM
Sounds like you just need to talk to the guy

No what's the point. He won't talk as now he has no excuses as to why he's not messaging.
Reply 3
Original post by SadGirl22
No what's the point. He won't talk as now he has no excuses as to why he's not messaging.

If you want answers, he’s the only one you can get them from. Different people do different things for different reasons so it’s incredibly hard to tell what the situation really is. If you’re really interested, then talk to him, if not then it’ll be easy to forget lol
Reply 4
Original post by JGLM
If you want answers, he’s the only one you can get them from. Different people do different things for different reasons so it’s incredibly hard to tell what the situation really is. If you’re really interested, then talk to him, if not then it’ll be easy to forget lol

Can you take a shot at guessing?
He's probably realised that he is not your usual physical type and you are not attracted to him.
Knows that he needs to maintain his distance to avoid risking being considered a nuisance and so he will be able to cope with being a casual friend that has no chance of going beyond friendship with you.
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
He's probably realised that he is not your usual physical type and you are not attracted to him.
Knows that he needs to maintain his distance to avoid risking being considered a nuisance and so he will be able to cope with being a casual friend that has no chance of going beyond friendship with you.

But he doesn't know that. I gave him a gift and my number for a reason. The only thing he doesn't know is that I have seen him without his face covering though he thinks I have never seen his full face as he never took off his covering
(edited 2 years ago)
I didn't want to give him but my friends coerced me to give in and he was really nice. So I gave it to him.

So you don't like him. But you WANT him to text you. What exactly do you want from him. Make it make sense.

I will tell you one thing. If you noticed he wasn't as good looking after taking off his mask, be sure he noticed a change in your energy as well. I mean, you are indeed over reacting and acting somewhat entitled?

Because if you need him to chat to you that bad, what's stopping you from starting the conversation? It's not written anywhere that because he took your number he HAS to text. He can change his mind too. Like you changed your mind about finding him attractive.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Briefprofile
So you don't like him. But you WANT him to text you. What exactly do you want from him. Make it make sense.

I will tell you one thing. If you noticed he wasn't as good looking after taking off his mask, be sure he noticed a change in your energy as well. I mean, you are indeed over reacting and acting somewhat entitled?

Because if you need to him to chat to you that bad, what's stopping you from starting the conversation? It's not written anywhere that because he took your number he HAS to text. He can change his mind too. Like you changed your mind about finding him attractive.

This happened 2 months ago. I saw him without a face covering 2 months ago. Not now. Yet I still liked him.

I didn't want to give him as I wasn't sure if he liked me or not. Not because I didn't like him.

Because he's no longer talking. Like I wrote he left the desk when I came and was waving from behind then from next seat. He didn't come to talk as he lied to me yesterday so he was clearly saving face since he no longer had any excuse as to why he didn't text when he said he will.
Did you even read?
(edited 2 years ago)
But he doesn't know that. I gave him a gift and my number for a reason.

Many guys can tell when there is no mutual attraction and they have been friendzoned.
This happened 2 months ago. I saw him without a face covering 2 months ago. Not now. Yet I still liked him.

I didn't want to give him as I wasn't sure if he liked me or not. Not because I didn't like him.

Aaaahh! that makes everything simple then. Tell him!! You lose nothing.

I think you are dealing with a shy guy. I mean he has managed to pull off the mask-all-day trick. I remember telling (was more like showing) the guy I liked how much I liked him. Was lucky he felt the same way. So go girl. Tell him. You will feel better regardless of the outcome. Trust me.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by londonmyst
Many guys can tell when there is no mutual attraction and they have been friendzoned.

I knows I like him enough to give him my number. He asked him to hang out with me alone too
(edited 2 years ago)
Why dont... you text him?
Reply 13
Original post by Briefprofile
Aaaahh! that makes everything simple then. Tell him!! You lose nothing.

I think you are dealing with a shy guy. I mean he has managed to pull off the mask-all-day trick. I remember telling (was more like showing) the guy I liked how much I liked him. Was lucky he felt the same way. So go girl. Tell him. You will feel better regardless of the outcome. Trust me.

Good luck :smile:

Hes no longer talking to me. He left the desk and I was upset by his attitude so I guess it's over now.
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Why dont... you text him?

I dont have his number. He never contacted me
Eh he's probably realised that you're not into him
Reply 16
Eh he's probably realised that you're not into him

If I'm not into him, why give the number, gift and ask him to hang out? He knows I'm interested. I just don't stare back much as I find it weird to do so esp since he wears a mask so not much to see.
(edited 2 years ago)
If I'm not into him, why give the number, gift and ask him to hang out?

Because you want to be friends with him or you want to string him along.
Reply 18
Because you want to be friends with him or you want to string him along.

If I just wanted to be friends, I would have not given him my number. He asked me twice. I gave it to him. Unless he lost it or threw it away.
If I just wanted to be friends, I would have not given him my number. He asked me twice. I gave it to him. Unless he lost it or threw it away.

Do your friends not have your number?

Latest

Trending

Trending