The Student Room Group

Wanna go UNI in LNDN but that sh*t too expensive

Anybody kno if it could still be possible or anybody been uni in london from up north n could maybe give me any advice on my options
Would like to go london but at this rate looks like I might b goin Bristol
Reply 1
Are you eligible for a higher maintenance loan?
Reply 2
Original post by Sinnoh
Are you eligible for a higher maintenance loan?

Even if I am is it worth jus getting myself into more debt than uni would already incur ?
Original post by ANÛBÎ555
Even if I am is it worth jus getting myself into more debt than uni would already incur ?

If you want to go to London so badly then yes it is worth it. University 'debt' is not the same as a normal loan. Unless you earn a lot in the future, you will hardly notice it, and if you do earn a lot then it won't matter to you anyway.
Reply 4
Original post by chloenix
If you want to go to London so badly then yes it is worth it. University 'debt' is not the same as a normal loan. Unless you earn a lot in the future, you will hardly notice it, and if you do earn a lot then it won't matter to you anyway.

Oh so u one of thooooosse ppl eh? Ye I don’t plan on earning under 25k for the next 33 years of my life I plan on rackin funds prolly end up investing the student loan tbh 😂

in what way? just wondering.
Reply 6

Jus read the end ahahhaa ye maybe idk but doubt I wouldn’t notice it but that’s a good way of thinking tbh
'London' does not guarantee you either a great career or lifelong happiness.
Its expensive and you'll spend more money/time on transport than almost anywhere else.

Go to Bristol - great Uni city with lots to do. And you can walk to Uni.
Watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7tjui86Q
Reply 8
Original post by McGinger
'London' does not guarantee you either a great career or lifelong happiness.
Its expensive and you'll spend more money/time on transport than almost anywhere else.

Go to Bristol - great Uni city with lots to do. And you can walk to Uni.
Watch this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7tjui86Q

I kno it doesn’t apart from the fact you get paid twice as much for the same job down there as up here, but I’m Tryna go study music industry management n production on the side I feel like london has a better culture around all that and in that area maybe has more opportunities to network
Reply 9
Original post by Qxi.xli
in what way? just wondering.

If u earn below 25k a year u don’t pay it back when you do earn over you pay it back in monthly installments out of your wage over the course of 30 years whereas bank loans gotta be paid or they Finna repo your sh*t
Reply 10
Anybody kno if it could still be possible or anybody been uni in london from up north n could maybe give me any advice on my options
Would like to go london but at this rate looks like I might b goin Bristol

I kno it doesn’t apart from the fact you get paid twice as much for the same job down there as up here, but I’m Tryna go study music industry management n production on the side I feel like london has a better culture around all that and in that area maybe has more opportunities to network

Which University/College would you be looking at in London for your particular subject?
Oh so u one of thooooosse ppl eh? Ye I don’t plan on earning under 25k for the next 33 years of my life I plan on rackin funds prolly end up investing the student loan tbh 😂

People who earn below 25K don't have to pay it back at all, but even if you earn more than that, depending on the exact income, you don't necessarily have to pay a lot, which is why I said for a lot of people it is more like a very faint tax.

But regardless, it seems as though you've answered your own question. You say that you want to go to university in London but that you don't think it's worth the money. Don't go then, simple as that. Only you can decide if it's worth what it costs.
Reply 12
Original post by Kerzen
Which University/College would you be looking at in London for your particular subject?

Either london college of creative media (LCCM)
Point blank music school
Or BIMM london
Reply 13
People who earn below 25K don't have to pay it back at all, but even if you earn more than that, depending on the exact income, you don't necessarily have to pay a lot, which is why I said for a lot of people it is more like a very faint tax.

But regardless, it seems as though you've answered your own question. You say that you want to go to university in London but that you don't think it's worth the money. Don't go then, simple as that. Only you can decide if it's worth what it costs.

Seems impossible to kno if worth it without going n tbh don’t wanna get older n wish I had of
Seems impossible to kno if worth it without going n tbh don’t wanna get older n wish I had of

Well if you want to invest your student loan then you won't be able to in London. Go to visit the universities in London and speak to the students there, and you will be able to find out some more things. Personally I value having a good time over money, so I would pick London if I were you, but it's understandable if you wouldn't do the same.
If u earn below 25k a year u don’t pay it back when you do earn over you pay it back in monthly installments out of your wage over the course of 30 years whereas bank loans gotta be paid or they Finna repo your sh*t

Oh yeah, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending