I feel hopless

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
My mother complains to me about how my father is jobless, treating her like **** and how she wants a divorce, mean while im struggling myself with work, studying and breakup, finally seeing all of this and how my family is falling apart all i do is cry about it and think why am i even here!!! Then she starts blamimg me on why do i even care, i should focus on my studying and sometimes she tells me that i use this to escape my responsibilities,or she would tell me that I'm making myself depressed by choosing to be depressed. Lately i have been feeling miserable, i cry every night and no one can understand that i might need help,
ANÛBÎ555
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My mother complains to me about how my father is jobless, treating her like **** and how she wants a divorce, mean while im struggling myself with work, studying and breakup, finally seeing all of this and how my family is falling apart all i do is cry about it and think why am i even here!!! Then she starts blamimg me on why do i even care, i should focus on my studying and sometimes she tells me that i use this to escape my responsibilities,or she would tell me that I'm making myself depressed by choosing to be depressed. Lately i have been feeling miserable, i cry every night and no one can understand that i might need help,
Firstly lemme say u lucky u still can cry, secondly you might feel your mother is complaining but she is probably just confiding in you, can’t blame her for not realising u need somebody to confide in yourself I can speak from experience when I say people get cold after a long time of stress or depression or trauma and dismissive of other peoples trauma bc you get self contained and feel like nobody’s stress or misery can come close to what you’re feeling, obviously that’s bull, everybody’s pain is relative to themselves if that makes any sense ahahaha, I jus feel like maybe your mum thinks she’s trying to help in her own way telling you you’re making yourself depressed or maybe she doesn’t wanna feel like her problems are depressing you even tho she suspects they are, she may also envy you for having uni to go to while she may feel trapped, I kno you probably love your dad too but divorce isn’t always bad if it makes all people involved happier and won’t be like they’re dead, orrrr they will work through it this last 2 years been hard for a lot of people maybe **** will start looking up soon
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm assuming that you are under 19 and so was wondering whether Childline could help you:

https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by ANÛBÎ555)
Firstly lemme say u lucky u still can cry, secondly you might feel your mother is complaining but she is probably just confiding in you, can’t blame her for not realising u need somebody to confide in yourself I can speak from experience when I say people get cold after a long time of stress or depression or trauma and dismissive of other peoples trauma bc you get self contained and feel like nobody’s stress or misery can come close to what you’re feeling, obviously that’s bull, everybody’s pain is relative to themselves if that makes any sense ahahaha, I jus feel like maybe your mum thinks she’s trying to help in her own way telling you you’re making yourself depressed or maybe she doesn’t wanna feel like her problems are depressing you even tho she suspects they are, she may also envy you for having uni to go to while she may feel trapped, I kno you probably love your dad too but divorce isn’t always bad if it makes all people involved happier and won’t be like they’re dead, orrrr they will work through it this last 2 years been hard for a lot of people maybe **** will start looking up soon
They are so selfish, now she is taking again to him, and i'm already depressed, i cry everyday, she sees this as over reacting, like when she is happy she can't stand im not, she wants everyone to be happy when she is happy and miserable and sad when she is sad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.89%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (26)
27.37%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (9)
9.47%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.53%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.26%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
27.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.11%

Watched Threads