The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

No response from University

I completed my UCAS application back in mid-December to study at Queens University Belfast, the 4 courses I selected all focus on computers and software. It's now been 5 months since sending my application and haven't heard anything from QUB at all, I decided to email admissions last month regarding this but they just told me it's yet to be processed. It's now 1 week from the UCAS deadline and I'm quite worried and unsure what to do and what will happen if they still don't get back to be by the deadline.
Ring them up and ask if they expect to make a decision before the deadline
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by Bart24845610
I completed my UCAS application back in mid-December to study at Queens University Belfast, the 4 courses I selected all focus on computers and software. It's now been 5 months since sending my application and haven't heard anything from QUB at all, I decided to email admissions last month regarding this but they just told me it's yet to be processed. It's now 1 week from the UCAS deadline and I'm quite worried and unsure what to do and what will happen if they still don't get back to be by the deadline.

Hi Bart24845610,

I am sorry you haven't heard back yet, I know that the wait for offers can be extremely stressful. Please try not to worry too much, our admissions team are really busy sorting through everyones applications and they will get back to you on or before the deadline.

I know that you have already been in touch with admissions but if you think it will help set your mind at rest you can always drop them an email [email protected] (please include your UCAS reference number) or give them a ring during office hours +44 (0) 28 9097 3838.

UCAS have said that if you don't hear back before the deadline then you have longer to respond to offers, "If you receive your last decision on or before 20 May 2021, your reply date is 10 June 2021 (except if you're using Extra to find a place). If you receive your last decision on or before 6 July 2021, your reply date is 14 July 2021 (including Extra choices)."

I really hope you will hear something soon.

Good Luck
Alice, 2nd year Architecture
Team Queen's
Original post by Queen's University Belfast Student Reps
UCAS have said that if you don't hear back before the deadline then you have longer to respond to offers, "If you receive your last decision on or before 20 May 2021, your reply date is 10 June 2021 (except if you're using Extra to find a place). If you receive your last decision on or before 6 July 2021, your reply date is 14 July 2021 (including Extra choices)."

Just to note that UCAS will reject any undecided applications on the 20th May deadline if an application was received before the January deadline.

It isn’t possible for a university to give an applicant more time to pick a firm choice by delaying a decision beyond the RBD (reject by default) deadline.

The result of a university missing their deadline is that the application will be rejected (and this will show on Track as a reject by default not a standard unsuccessful message). Applicants can see if they’ve been rejected due to poor organisation from the university.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Just to note that UCAS will reject any undecided applications on the 20th May deadline if an application was received before the January deadline.

It isn’t possible for a university to give an applicant more time to pick a firm choice by delaying a decision beyond the RBD (reject by default) deadline.

The result of a university missing their deadline is that the application will be rejected (and this will show on Track as a reject by default not a standard unsuccessful message). Applicants can see if they’ve been rejected due to poor organisation from the university.

Sorry just checking, is my official firm+insurance deadline on the 10th June then and the deadline for the university themself to accept/decline the 20th May or will I have to choose my firm by the 20th May?
Original post by megp_777
Sorry just checking, is my official firm+insurance deadline on the 10th June then and the deadline for the university themself to accept/decline the 20th May or will I have to choose my firm by the 20th May?

The deadline for universities for on time applications is 20 May
The deadline for applicants is 10 June

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending