The Student Room Group

Queens Adult Nursing 2021

Just wondering if anyone that did an interview for Queens nursing 2021 has already got a rejection? or if they leave them all to the deadline of 19th/20th may? its such a long process!

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I’ve been following Nursing intake 2021 Magee forum and there’s a lot of girls on there that have applied for Queens as well. Some have said that they know of others that got rejected prior to interview but haven’t heard of any rejections since that. Some of the the girls have also rang Queens admissions and they’ve said offers will go out on 19th. Will be good to know either way at this stage ☺️
Original post by rebeccamcd_x
Hey, I’ve been following Nursing intake 2021 Magee forum and there’s a lot of girls on there that have applied for Queens as well. Some have said that they know of others that got rejected prior to interview but haven’t heard of any rejections since that. Some of the the girls have also rang Queens admissions and they’ve said offers will go out on 19th. Will be good to know either way at this stage ☺️

Thanks for that. Yeh I know of one person who didn’t get offered an interview but they didn’t meet academic requirements. You are so right, at least it’s less than a week to go now! Have you applied to both UU & QUB? And what discipline? I’ve only applied to queens as travel to Magee just wasn’t an option. And Adult is my 1st choice followed by children’s. 😊
Yeah I’ve applied for adult nursing at both QUB & UU. Travel to Queens would also be a lot handier for me, this is my second year applying. Honestly would be delighted getting an offer from either ☺️
Yeah I’ve applied for adult nursing at both QUB & UU. Travel to Queens would also be a lot handier for me, this is my second year applying. Honestly would be delighted getting an offer from either ☺️

Good on you, this is my second time applying too but last time was a long time ago when I was in sixth form. Post back on here is you get an offer 😊 all the very best!
Thank you! All the best, good luck. ☺️
Reply 6
Also applied to Queens but was unsuccessful for Ulster so not holding out much hope for either Queens intake haha
Original post by nir2020
Also applied to Queens but was unsuccessful for Ulster so not holding out much hope for either Queens intake haha

Awk it’s so hard to know. I only applied for queens so all my eggs in one basket. But who knows. I often think why would they pick me, and then have to remind myself well why would they not! It’s a hard application process and there’s only so many places each year so we can only keep trying! Good luck for this week and sorry to hear you didn’t get uu.
Original post by nir2020

Honestly wouldn’t give up all hope just yet! Last year I was rejected prior to interview from Ulster but got an interview from Queens and was placed on the reserve list. This year I’ve just finished my HNC Level 4 in Healthcare practice and received an offer from Ulster. I think both universities are looking different buzz words ect. you’ve used in your interview and path you taken to get to this stage so still means you’re in with a chance with Queens. Hopefully you get the news next week that you’re wanting x
Reply 9
Honestly wouldn’t give up all hope just yet! Last year I was rejected prior to interview from Ulster but got an interview from Queens and was placed on the reserve list. This year I’ve just finished my HNC Level 4 in Healthcare practice and received an offer from Ulster. I think both universities are looking different buzz words ect. you’ve used in your interview and path you taken to get to this stage so still means you’re in with a chance with Queens. Hopefully you get the news next week that you’re wanting x

Ah here I’ll definitely count myself in until I’m not, just a bit deflated I think haha! I really hope so!

Also congratulations that’s fantastic, I’d say you cannot wait to get started!😁🙌 Can I ask what did you think of the HNC in Healthcare Practice? I have received an offer for it but I was thinking about just using this year to work and build up more hospital experience etc as I have the grades from my access course but have been considering the HNC😊

Again congratulations! No doubt it was a well earned offer😁
Original post by nir2020
Ah here I’ll definitely count myself in until I’m not, just a bit deflated I think haha! I really hope so!

Also congratulations that’s fantastic, I’d say you cannot wait to get started!😁🙌 Can I ask what did you think of the HNC in Healthcare Practice? I have received an offer for it but I was thinking about just using this year to work and build up more hospital experience etc as I have the grades from my access course but have been considering the HNC😊

Again congratulations! No doubt it was a well earned offer😁

Thank you!☺️ I was really hesitant at first doing the HNC because I already had the grades and thought it would be more beneficial just to get more experience in different fields/setting. I did my HNC through SRC and absolutely loved it, learnt so much and I feel like it’s really helped me prepare for uni would definitely recommend it! It was fast tracked and I did it in a year but no doubt if you’ve completed your access course you’ll be more than able to manage it. 😊
Anyone know when queens are actually realising the offers?
Original post by Lisagreen26
Anyone know when queens are actually realising the offers?

I emailed queens a couple of weeks ago and had one response saying on or very close to the 20th. And the other response suggested 19th.
And also that offers are made via ucas not the school of nursing/midwifery. So it’ll be a ucas email to look out for or keep an eye on your ucas track log in. Hope that helps. And good luck 😊
I emailed Queens. The offers come out the 19th . Has any got any word back . So nervous
Original post by SarahT2001
I emailed Queens. The offers come out the 19th . Has any got any word back . So nervous

no I haven't! i check ucas every day 'just incase!' and it just keeps saying referred!
Same here . Good Luck
6D13CB3D-C17A-4B2B-92D0-ECB0314F7A45.png
The end is in sight!!
Hi I’ve applied to ulster and queens but unfortunately my Ulster application was unsuccessful, I am very nervous about queens now. Have you heard of people being rejected already?
I’ve heard of a few rejections a few days after the interviews but nothing more :frown: I’m so nervous for tomorrow:frown:
Original post by Aoise274
Hi I’ve applied to ulster and queens but unfortunately my Ulster application was unsuccessful, I am very nervous about queens now. Have you heard of people being rejected already?

The only people I’ve heard of being rejected so far were those who didn’t get offered an interview. All the best for queens 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending