The Student Room Group

He won't show his face?

I know a guy but I ve only see him wearing a disposable mask (seen his face from afar not close) and when I gave him my contact number to get in touch, he doesn't text or call through Whatsapp. So I still don't even know what he looks like.

Is he hiding his face and original personality as once we start talking on a personal level, he would have show his face through meet ups etc and he's either conscious about it or feels he's not good enough?? Or he's jerk?
Raises a few alarm bells. You need to make sure he isn’t a catfish before this goes further and you end up catching feels.
A lot of people don't even think about this type of thing.

I'd met some new people at work and didn't even THINK about the fact they have no idea what I look like until I saw one remove and adjust their mask.

Perhaps just highlight it and say, hey next time we're outside how do you feel about pulling the mask down so we can see each other's face?
Reply 3
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Raises a few alarm bells. You need to make sure he isn’t a catfish before this goes further and you end up catching feels.

From what I ve seen from afar, he is not as nice looking as he looks with a mask on. I feel like he's hiding himself from me. He said he will contact me but didn't and hid from me in person as he had no explanation as to why he did so. All he did was wave at me yet didn't contact me.

Is he really catfishing me ? Because I don't understand why he won't contact when he himself was asking me in low voices to give it to him. Once he got it, he hasn't messaged. It shows that he's avoiding himself and possible meet ups??
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by coolgeopeepsx

What does this mean?
Reply 6
Hey guys pls respond
Reply 8
Original post by Ram Ranch

He wont message so I can't see his face without mask lol
Reply 9
Id think that the bigger issue should be that hes not even contacting you? It sounds like he's just not interested, hes not hiding anything if you dont even talk.
Reply 10
Original post by Foxehh
Id think that the bigger issue should be that hes not even contacting you? It sounds like he's just not interested, hes not hiding anything if you dont even talk.

I doubt I as he kept asking me to give my number. He told me then came again after 5 mins to give my number again. I felt a bit weird that time as he seemed a bit desperate.
Stop obsessing about whys. He’s not cat fishing you when the only thing he did was asked for your number. Not like y’all been talking for months and he’s hiding something. Get over it. If you care about it a lot then be open to possible connection when he feels ready to get closer, or simply ask him for his number and message.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
Stop obsessing about whys. He’s not cat fishing you when the only thing he did was asked for your number. Not like y’all been talking for months and he’s hiding something. Get over it. If you care about it a lot then be open to possible connection when he feels ready to get closer, or simply ask him for his number and message.

But isn't this cat fishing??? I don't know whom I gave my number to as all I see are his eyes, hair, cheeks etc. Not the full person
(edited 2 years ago)
hes not catfishing you if you only saw him once in public where he had to wear a mask.
Original post by SadGirl22
But isn't this cat fishing??? I don't know whom I gave my number to as all I see are his eyes, hair, cheeks etc. Not the full person

It’s actually not. Cat fishing would be if you never met him and gave him your # online and only saw pics of him with face covered. Maybe the dude just like his mask or doesn’t bother putting it on and off all the time. Not something to obsess over imho...
Reply 15
Original post by bethwantsdeath
hes not catfishing you if you only saw him once in public where he had to wear a mask.

No he always wears a mask. Always as our uni as a mask Mandate
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
It’s actually not. Cat fishing would be if you never met him and gave him your # online and only saw pics of him with face covered. Maybe the dude just like his mask or doesn’t bother putting it on and off all the time. Not something to obsess over imho...

Original post by SadGirl22
No he always wears a mask. Always as our uni as a mask Mandate

This here

Quick Reply