The Student Room Group

Am I reading too much into this?

hi

i messaged a guy in one of my classes who is doing a similar course to me at uni to ask him how he decided on the one he's going to cause i have an offer there too. after his reply i just said that if i choose that uni i'll hopefully see him around - he replied that we could get a coffee or drink if i decide to go there. he's a really nice guy anyway and i'm not sure if he's just friendly or if there's anything more?
Original post by Anonymous
hi

i messaged a guy in one of my classes who is doing a similar course to me at uni to ask him how he decided on the one he's going to cause i have an offer there too. after his reply i just said that if i choose that uni i'll hopefully see him around - he replied that we could get a coffee or drink if i decide to go there. he's a really nice guy anyway and i'm not sure if he's just friendly or if there's anything more?

Perhaps, a coffee really is classed as "pre-date" anyway, it can be interpreted in a variety of different ways.
Original post by Baby_Stitch
Perhaps, a coffee really is classed as "pre-date" anyway, it can be interpreted in a variety of different ways.

Baby stitch, you need to chill too.
That could very well just be friendly, but he could theoretically be interested in more; there’s really no way of knowing without talking to him and spending more time with him. How do you feel about him - are you interested in something more? Try and figure out what you want instead of fruitlessly speculating about what he might want :smile:
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
That could very well just be friendly, but he could theoretically be interested in more; there’s really no way of knowing without talking to him and spending more time with him. How do you feel about him - are you interested in something more? Try and figure out what you want instead of fruitlessly speculating about what he might want :smile:

He just asked for a coffee...
hi

You reached out to him.

It seems a polite way to stay in touch as a friend. Its not enough info to read more into it.

Thats what I said in my response to the OP, it can strictly be friendly
Original post by mnot
You reached out to him.

It seems a polite way to stay in touch as a friend. Its not enough info to read more into it.

Finally, someone with some sense. Thank you.

Yup.
Yup.

Excuse me mate, you having a laugh?
wow, i wasn't expecting some people to be so mean...
Excuse me mate, you having a laugh?

...no? I’m beginning to think it is you who needs to chill.
it's completely fine if it was just friendly, i have literally 0 experience with boys that's why i came on here to ask as I find it really difficult to tell
wow, i wasn't expecting some people to be so mean...

I’m sorry if what I said came across as mean, I didn’t mean it that way :smile:

I'm not sure, he is really nice and we've got on in class before, I used to think I liked him but i'm not sure really. thanks for your nice reply btw
I wasn't expecting some people to be such a snowflake.

You need to chill so I can chill in order for you to chill mate.

Feel free to not comment on the thread, I'm a young person asking for advice, don't think that makes me a snowflake
I’m sorry if what I said came across as mean, I didn’t mean it that way :smile:

No worries it didn't at all :smile:
I'm not sure, he is really nice and we've got on in class before, I used to think I liked him but i'm not sure really. thanks for your nice reply btw

Glad to have been of help :biggrin:
Glad to have been of help :biggrin:

You didn't help me... why are you glad?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending