The Student Room Group

Law of Attraction: have you ever attracted things like?

Money
A phone call
A text
A specific person whom you haven't seen for a long time

If so, how did you do it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Money
A phone call
A text
A specific person whom you haven't seen for a long time

If so, how did you do it?

Hey guys
:confused:
Reply 3
Never money that’s just shallow
Reply 4
Original post by JGLM
Never money that’s just shallow

OK what about others??
Nah, it’s a load of nonsense. There’s something to be said for visualising yourself doing things - studying well, lifting a heavy barbell, asking someone out - and then executing. But just trying to ’’attract’’ things you have no real influence on is just hocus-pocus.
I've been applying for jobs at the moment, I think having a negative mindset then you'd put less effort into it, lower quality applications and spend less time searching for jobs. So I can see how having a positive mindset leads to more opportunities. Affirmations as well could keep you spirits lifted. With the visualisation thing or some sort of vision board I suppose the exercise could make you more clear on what exactly you want. But dreaming isn't enough on its own you got to take action.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Nah, it’s a load of nonsense. There’s something to be said for visualising yourself doing things - studying well, lifting a heavy barbell, asking someone out - and then executing. But just trying to ’’attract’’ things you have no real influence on is just hocus-pocus.

I thought that too till it started to work for me. There were just too many coincidences.
Not even joking, I've won awards using LOA. It's crazyyy.
I’ve manifested different things to that list but the process works for everything in the same way.
Original post by Qxi.xli
I thought that too till it started to work for me. There were just too many coincidences.
Not even joking, I've won awards using LOA. It's crazyyy.

Once you start thinking along those lines and using manifestation for things, you’ll start to ascribe your successes to having wielded your magical power. When it doesn’t work, you won’t notice and you won’t count it against your idea that the law of attraction works. This is a well-understood phenomenon called the confirmation bias.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Once you start thinking along those lines and using manifestation for things, you’ll start to ascribe your successes to having wielded your magical power. When it doesn’t work, you won’t notice. This is a well-understood phenomenon called the confirmation bias.

Yeah, that makes sense.
I'm a very 'scientific'/factual person and I don't believe stuff like this easily (I'm not even religious), but I honestly think you should try it- you'd be very surprised. Maybe you could try it for like 2 or 3 days lol and see if it works..
I can't even begin to explain how things that I thought was impossible were possible and happened to me.

All I know that it works, and it's powerful.
(edited 2 years ago)
if I want suin I have faith in God and work hard for it, no voodoo astrology nonsense lol
Original post by KikiTheYeagerist
if I want suin I have faith in God and work hard for it, no voodoo astrology nonsense lol

It's nothing to do with voodoo or astrology lmaoo.
Maybe the law of attraction is real
Original post by Qxi.xli
It's nothing to do with voodoo or astrology lmaoo.

lol didn't say it was, I just put it in the same category of nonsense

however ofc it's okay if u believe in it the power of belief is very strong
No, and neither has anybody else because the "Law of Attraction" is nothing more than a mind trick.
Woah u manifested this woOoOoOo
I've got too many things to remember, but some of the biggest ones have to be the awards I've mentioned. I've done smaller things like my mum's health etc. It's also worked for friendships/relationships.
(edited 2 years ago)
sorryyyy i didn't mean to take the piss, ig it seems that way when I say nonsense i just think it's silly when ppl don't link it to you're own mindset and hard work, and just the universe giving u stuff if u close your eyes and think about it really hard. in some way i do agree with the law of attraction ig
it's just my opinion tho sorta like how some atheists believe God is nonsense and constantly drag the people who follow a god
Original post by KikiTheYeagerist
sorryyyy i didn't mean to take the piss, ig it seems that way when I say nonsense i just think it's silly when ppl don't link it to you're own mindset and hard work, and just the universe giving u stuff if u close your eyes and think about it really hard. in some way i do agree with the law of attraction ig
it's just my opinion tho sorta like how some atheists believe God is nonsense and constantly drag the people who follow a god

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but maybe you should research and know what you're talking about before you jump to conclusions.
That's not how it works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending