The Student Room Group

girls would you date someone who used to be very fat?

But are not anymore, in fact, they're quite active and athletic...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2003a39
Yes, if they don't gain it all back.

Are you a girl? I've always thought you were a guy lol..
Reply 2
Original post by Qxi.xli

Ok, this is embarrassing. I DON'T READ STUFF PROPERLY.
Original post by Qxi.xli

Original post by 2003a39
Ok, this is embarrassing. I DON'T READ STUFF PROPERLY.

But a much more important question is that would you ever date someone fat? I mean proper fat not just chubby.
Yeah.
Reply 5
Original post by Lucifer323
But a much more important question is that would you ever date someone fat? I mean proper fat not just chubby.

No, but there are plenty that would.
Original post by Justaboutalive
Yeah.

What if someone is fat at moment. Proper fat and not chubby. Would you date them if they had a good personality? Or obesity is a deal-breaker?
What if someone is fat at moment. Proper fat and not chubby. Would you date them if they had a good personality? Or obesity is a deal-breaker?

Different people have diff deal breakers. I would want them to take care of their health though, so if they want to do that with me supporting them, sure.
lol idk maybe?
yes
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
But are not anymore, in fact, they're quite active and athletic...

What are you concerned about exactly ? That this person will fall back into old habits and become quite fat again once he/she has found a partner ? The possibility he/she may have loose skin ?
How well do you know the person would getting to the know person and having the person address your concerns during the getting to know them phase be a good idea rather than jump straight into dating ?
Original post by JaseyB
What are you concerned about exactly ? That this person will fall back into old habits and become quite fat again once he/she has found a partner ? The possibility he/she may have loose skin ?
How well do you know the person would getting to the know person and having the person address your concerns during the getting to know them phase be a good idea rather than jump straight into dating ?

Chubby insecurities..
Reply 12
Chubby insecurities..

Does the person come across as insecure ?
Original post by JaseyB
Does the person come across as insecure ?

A little... Especially when you describing someone as ex-fat. Something like ex-convict for example...
It would depend on how fat and whether it occurred during baby days or in early childhood.
Why wouldn't I? :rofl: Please do not tell me people say no because they are scared of their children getting the chubby gene
(edited 2 years ago)
If they used to be I don't see an issue. If someone was currently overweight it could be a problem but it's really just a practical/aesthetic thing which doesn't affect how they are today at all.
I would, because no matter of their height, race, or ethnicity, they're still human. If they have a nice personality, then absolutely!
A little... Especially when you describing someone as ex-fat. Something like ex-convict for example...

You and the OP have a similar posting style…
Original post by YaliaV123
You and the OP have a similar posting style…

Was the ellipsis added on purpose? 🤭
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending