The Student Room Group

What is a secret you kept from your parents?

Go on

Scroll to see replies

Just the one? :tongue:
Having a car, driver's licence and insurance.
My first boyfriend, the first time I slept with someone, getting cigarettes from Year 13s at school.
my first boyfriend
Mental health issues.
That I'd watched Bend It Like Beckham. My dad had no idea for years :rofl: :ahee: :nah:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
That I'd watched Bend It Like Beckham. My dad had no idea for years :rofl: :ahee: :nah:

Is your father a Manchester City fan? :tongue:
That I enjoy Iron Maiden. My father loves the band and I don't want to have to discuss how awesome they are with him.
Original post by londonmyst
Is your father a Manchester City fan? :tongue:

:toofunny:

:nah:

:tongue:
Original post by londonmyst
Just the one? :tongue:
Having a car, driver's licence and insurance.

How in the world did you keep that from them? :K:

Original post by Anonymous
My first boyfriend, the first time I slept with someone, getting cigarettes from Year 13s at school.

I think everyone hides their first boyfriend/girlfriend, especially if you're younger. :lol:

How did he eventually find out? Did you tell him? :tongue:

Mental health issues.

If you don't mind me asking, why'd you keep it from them? Were you uncomfortable, scared of their reaction?

Original post by Ram Ranch
That I enjoy Iron Maiden. My father loves the band and I don't want to have to discuss how awesome they are with him.

:rofl:

Spoiler

Original post by sunny.side.up
How did he eventually find out? Did you tell him? :tongue:

I think one year it was on TV around Christmas time and he ended up watching it somehow and realised that we must have seen it because we didn't seem to be as outraged and angry about the film as he was :tongue: He was not best impressed with us :nope:

If you don't mind me asking, why'd you keep it from them? Were you uncomfortable, scared of their reaction?

They don't believe in mental health problems (unless it's psychosis or something like that) so there was no point.
my dad knows but not my mum or stepparents, i'm not straight lol
🙋🏻*♀️🙋🏻*♀️🙋🏻*♀️🙋🏻*♀️🙋🏻*♀️🙋🏻*♀️🙋🏻*♀️🙋🏻*♀️🙋🏻*♀️🙋🏻*♀️
I accidentally tore my frenulum 6 years ago.
I think one year it was on TV around Christmas time and he ended up watching it somehow and realised that we must have seen it because we didn't seem to be as outraged and angry about the film as he was :tongue: He was not best impressed with us :nope:

Are you asian?
I think everyone hides their first boyfriend/girlfriend, especially if you're younger. :lol

Lol no I was nearly 15. I have an image to uphold if I want to remain living in the house
my sexuality lol, I still haven't told them but to be honest I rarely talk to them about boys so I don't know why I'd have to make a large issue about telling them I also like women. Maybe someday I'll just drop it into conversation...
Are you asian?

:yep: Sinhalese Sri Lankan :bhangra:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending