The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've half started prepping by listing the schools and finding possible monologues. After that I'll thoroughly read the plays before doing any work on them though I don't want to over do it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by JL8
I've half started prepping by listing the schools and finding possible monologues. After that I'll thoroughly read the plays before doing any work on them though I don't want to over do it.

Are you planning on applying again next year then? (I saw on another thread you had offers/ a reserve list place?)
Reply 3
Original post by AlexSilver
Are you planning on applying again next year then? (I saw on another thread you had offers/ a reserve list place?)

Yes, I have an offer somewhere! It's the only one I auditioned for this year though. Which makes me uneasy in my decision. As silly as that may seem.
Yes yes! I’ve done further research on other drama schools and what their courses offer! Have a top 3 now so I don’t need to worry about anywhere else now. :smile:
Hi everyone!

How's everyone doing now that audition season coming closer and closer

What schools are you applying to? and also what monologues is everyone doing?

For me I'm applying to RADA, LAMDA, Guildhall, RCSSD, BOVTS and RCS.
I'm still toying around with different contemporary monologues but for my shakespeare I'm doing Helena from All's Well That Ends Well
Original post by Isabelm13
Hi everyone!

How's everyone doing now that audition season coming closer and closer

What schools are you applying to? and also what monologues is everyone doing?

For me I'm applying to RADA, LAMDA, Guildhall, RCSSD, BOVTS and RCS.
I'm still toying around with different contemporary monologues but for my shakespeare I'm doing Helena from All's Well That Ends Well

My first year of applying/auditioning & finally starting to feel prepared ish 😄🤷*♀️
Am applying to Lamda, Rada, Bristol O V, Central, LIPA, GSA, Arden & Manchester Met.
After visiting Guildford GSA is my top one so hoping I'm successful in my first year but fully prepared to not be as know how hard it is to be successful for anywhere in first year. Arrggghhhh
Original post by HippyChick04
My first year of applying/auditioning & finally starting to feel prepared ish 😄🤷*♀️
Am applying to Lamda, Rada, Bristol O V, Central, LIPA, GSA, Arden & Manchester Met.
After visiting Guildford GSA is my top one so hoping I'm successful in my first year but fully prepared to not be as know how hard it is to be successful for anywhere in first year. Arrggghhhh

I'm looking to apply to LIPA - I haven't found anyone yet who's applying
Hi y'all,
The Mill school of performance came into my college on Friday and did some workshops with us. I loved it and everything thing they told me about themselves, got me interested in them for BA acting. BUT...
I've already applied to max amount ucas will let me & before I change one of my choices to this place I want to try to find out more about it but not having much luck online. So if anyone has heard anything thing about it good or bad or has even studied there, please share with me,
Thanks in advance x
Original post by HippyChick04
Hi y'all,
The Mill school of performance came into my college on Friday and did some workshops with us. I loved it and everything thing they told me about themselves, got me interested in them for BA acting. BUT...
I've already applied to max amount ucas will let me & before I change one of my choices to this place I want to try to find out more about it but not having much luck online. So if anyone has heard anything thing about it good or bad or has even studied there, please share with me,
Thanks in advance x

Do they take direct applications? Their How To Apply page suggests they might.

I have no idea about the quality of the course. Have a look at the backgrounds of the teachers and research whether any of their alumni have become successful.
Hi everybody
I'm a drama school graduate and student (DSL Acting grad, East 15 Directing student), I happy to help in any way I can. Drop me a message or a reply if there's anything you need, I'll do my best to help.

Break hearts and legs everyone
Original post by dramageekish
Hi! I am trying to message you but it's not letting me cause I am new here haha. But I will just ask my question here instead, how long did it take for you to hear back about your recall for DSL?

I don't remember exactly, but it was rather quick. A few days, I'd say, less than a week. But it might be different, because it was the first fully online audition campaign, so timing might change a bit. But you can always email them to have more precise idea, they are quite responsive. A friend did that last year, they were lovely about it
Does anyone know if Central are doing any first rounds in january? Currently you can only book slots for december but I won't be able to film my stuff for then :/
Does anyone know how long it takes for Lamda to get back to you after the self tape?
Original post by dramageekish
Does anyone know how long it takes for Lamda to get back to you after the self tape?

They tend to have a lot of application, so it might be long time. Last year it took them 7 weeks for me (MA Directing) and 8 for a frien (MFA Acting)
Has anyone else applied through ucas for Arden School of Theatre? I have but still haven't heard anything from them. I've had first self tape auctions from Lipa, GSA & Man Met which I applied for at the same time but have heard nothing from Arden.
Has anyone else heard anything from them yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 16
Hi all, has anyone heard back either recall or rejection yet from Central? My audition day was Dec 12, wondering if I'll have to wait until the new year for results...
Original post by User52641
Hi all, has anyone heard back either recall or rejection yet from Central? My audition day was Dec 12, wondering if I'll have to wait until the new year for results...

I reckon you can still wait a couple of week, if I recall correctly, they say you can wait up to a month
Reply 18
Original post by VirtuallyZL
I reckon you can still wait a couple of week, if I recall correctly, they say you can wait up to a month

Last year I heard back in only 3 days! So I guess i expected things to move the same way..
Original post by User52641
Last year I heard back in only 3 days! So I guess i expected things to move the same way..

Really ? So I don't know, sorry. But if you haven't heard back by now, it's probably safe to safe it's not gonna be before january

Latest

Trending

Trending