The Student Room Group

Girlfriend doesn't let me drink.

Been together a number of years, live together. I got out of a psychiatric hospital a few weeks ago and haven't had any alcohol in about 6 weeks. I am a grown ass person and she keeps getting mad when I even mention having a beer. I spoke to her and she said I can drink when I'm symptom less for a month. **** that. It's not worth the fight of me drinking anyway but I also don't want to wait a month. How can I change her mind?
Reply 1
Have you considered that maybe she's trying to look after you because she cares about you..?
Reply 2
Original post by Foxehh
Have you considered that maybe she's trying to look after you because she cares about you..?

I didn't drink for 3 weeks before my hospital admission so it's not like alcohol was the catalyst.
This seems legit.
Reply 4
Original post by YaliaV123
This seems legit.

100%
Reply 5
I'm dying for a drink but my girlfriend is still being uptight and telling me I can't. I'm a ****ing grown person, if I knew it wouldn't result in a shouting match I'd bring out the vodka. I need a way to persuade her.
Reply 6
Any advice how I can change her mind? :facepalm:
Drink low abv drinks like coors light or budwisier light or something she can't have a go at you because you wouldn't get drunk unless you drink like 10 bottles or something.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm dying for a drink but my girlfriend is still being uptight and telling me I can't. I'm a ****ing grown person, if I knew it wouldn't result in a shouting match I'd bring out the vodka. I need a way to persuade her.

Drink some water. It's the best drink in the world.

There is no way that you can persuade your girlfriend that it would be a good idea for you to drink alcohol.
Because it's a fact that you are better off staying off it. That's as incontovertible as 2 plus 2 equalling 4.

You have no more chance of persuading her that you should drink alcohol than you have of persuading her that 2 +2 = 5
are you taking any medication due to you leaving the hospital??
cos drinking could also have effects on your medication...
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Drink some water. It's the best drink in the world.

There is no way that you can persuade your girlfriend that it would be a good idea for you to drink alcohol.
Because it's a fact that you are better off staying off it. That's as incontovertible as 2 plus 2 equalling 4.

You have no more chance of persuading her that you should drink alcohol than you have of persuading her that 2 +2 = 5

:hmpf:
Original post by Mr T 999
Drink low abv drinks like coors light or budwisier light or something she can't have a go at you because you wouldn't get drunk unless you drink like 10 bottles or something.

I do kinda wanna get drunk though, so..... unsure:

I just feel like I'm an adult and I even tried promising her that if I react badly I will not expect her help. Still no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending