The Student Room Group

Compound angle formulae

1CE4A4BD-2AA6-4ED1-9B86-B7D6C2973269.jpg.jpeg
35935860-55C5-4BCE-9953-FF2867F93D09.jpg.jpeg
For part ii)

I can’t seem to connect what I’ve got to the answer in square brackets-

can anyone help plsss
Reply 1
Let 2x=Ø, then divide both sides by 6, and you get it in the form of the first proven identity. Then you should have sin^2(x)=1/3 OR sin^2(Ø/2)=1/3
Reply 2
Original post by JGLM
Let 2x=Ø, then divide both sides by 6, and you get it in the form of the first proven identity. Then you should have sin^2(x)=1/3 OR sin^2(Ø/2)=1/3

Oh wow that’s so much more simpler than I’d imagine! Thanks for the help!
Reply 3
Original post by Yazomi
Oh wow that’s so much more simpler than I’d imagine! Thanks for the help!

Lmao no worries. I’m slowly becoming your maths tutor lol
Reply 4
Original post by JGLM
Lmao no worries. I’m slowly becoming your maths tutor lol

Yup and a great tutor that is too😂 do you tutor people in real life as well or neh?
Reply 5
Original post by Yazomi
Yup and a great tutor that is too😂 do you tutor people in real life as well or neh?

No i’m just a competent Further Maths student 😂 I might start during Uni though, i’ll be living in London so a bit of income will be needed
Reply 6
Original post by JGLM
No i’m just a competent Further Maths student 😂 I might start during Uni though, i’ll be living in London so a bit of income will be needed

Oh damnnn impressive you’re doing 4 alevels!! But yeah London would be quite expensive but the experience would be worth it for sure
Reply 7
Original post by Yazomi
Oh damnnn impressive you’re doing 4 alevels!! But yeah London would be quite expensive but the experience would be worth it for sure

Yeah definitely. 4 Alevels is the only way lmao. Looking forward to London but I will be skint. I was looking at doing Maths/French/Physics tutoring (i’m french as well) to earn the cash.
Reply 8
Original post by JGLM
Yeah definitely. 4 Alevels is the only way lmao. Looking forward to London but I will be skint. I was looking at doing Maths/French/Physics tutoring (i’m french as well) to earn the cash.

I’m literally barely breathing with 3. Can’t imagine what you’re going through at all😂 that’s a good idea though. You get higher pay in London’s too in a sense
Reply 9
Original post by Yazomi
I’m literally barely breathing with 3. Can’t imagine what you’re going through at all😂 that’s a good idea though. You get higher pay in London’s too in a sense

Yeah depends on how I approach it.
Which Alevels are you doing then?
Reply 10
Original post by JGLM
Yeah depends on how I approach it.
Which Alevels are you doing then?

Biology chemistry and maths. I’m guessing you’re doing maths further maths physics and french?
Reply 11
Original post by Yazomi
Biology chemistry and maths. I’m guessing you’re doing maths further maths physics and french?

No not french, chemistry (i’m french but I can’t be arsed to do all those essays and stuff :0)
Reply 12
Original post by JGLM
No not french, chemistry (i’m french but I can’t be arsed to do all those essays and stuff :0)

Ooo noice what course did you choose to do at uni?
Reply 13
Original post by Yazomi
Ooo noice what course did you choose to do at uni?

Electronic Engineering, Imperial. What are you planning to do?
Reply 14
Original post by JGLM
Electronic Engineering, Imperial. What are you planning to do?

Oooooo nice. I’m debating on taking on the offer for chemistry with biomed at KCL or taking an apprenticeship- tho I’m still applying to apprenticeships haven’t got an offer for this one yet
Reply 15
Original post by Yazomi
Oooooo nice. I’m debating on taking on the offer for chemistry with biomed at KCL or taking an apprenticeship- tho I’m still applying to apprenticeships haven’t got an offer for this one yet

I think uni is something that you can only really experience once, the lifestyle is meant to be fantastic, pretty much ruled apprenticeships out completely on that basis
Reply 16
Original post by JGLM
I think uni is something that you can only really experience once, the lifestyle is meant to be fantastic, pretty much ruled apprenticeships out completely on that basis

Hmmmmmmm i think I might end up doing like only a year of apprenticeship and drop out and reapply to uni like a gap year tho that once again is uncertain 🤔 it’s mainly coz I’m not sure whether I actually want to do that course too

Quick Reply

Latest