The Student Room Group

I Blocked on Impulse and Kind of Feel Bad Now

So this dude popped up to me to ask something about this group we're both part of. I answered, thinking that was the end of it.

But then he eventually asks if I'd like to hang with him sometime, once summer is here. I told him I didn't really know him (never met him IRL) but we could be online friends.

We chatted for a bit and he was nice enough but he lived pretty far away from me. He was also keen to meet up, even though we just started talking. Now I don't mind meeting him but I was a bit put off by his keenness because I'd rather get to know him online first.

I told my friends about this and they said I should block him, so I did. But now he's contacted me through another account (seems like a new one too) asking why I blocked him and that he's sorry if he did anything wrong.

I do feel bad to be honest. Should I unblock him and explain my reasons for blocking him or should I just ignore him? If I do unblock, should I even carry on talking to him or leave things be? I guess it will depend on his response.

Personally, I don't mind picking up where we left off. I'm just very cautious because I had a similar experience in the past where the guy turned out to be a bit of a creep.

He did send me an unsolicited picture of himself, you couldn't really see his face. If it's him, he is cute I won't lie but I didn't expect any pics like that so early on. I'm not sure.
Original post by thisistemp
So this dude popped up to me to ask something about this group we're both part of. I answered, thinking that was the end of it.

But then he eventually asks if I'd like to hang with him sometime, once summer is here. I told him I didn't really know him (never met him IRL) but we could be online friends.

We chatted for a bit and he was nice enough but he lived pretty far away from me. He was also keen to meet up, even though we just started talking. Now I don't mind meeting him but I was a bit put off by his keenness because I'd rather get to know him online first.

I told my friends about this and they said I should block him, so I did. But now he's contacted me through another account (seems like a new one too) asking why I blocked him and that he's sorry if he did anything wrong.

I do feel bad to be honest. Should I unblock him and explain my reasons for blocking him or should I just ignore him? If I do unblock, should I even carry on talking to him or leave things be? I guess it will depend on his response.

Personally, I don't mind picking up where we left off. I'm just very cautious because I had a similar experience in the past where the guy turned out to be a bit of a creep.

He did send me an unsolicited picture of himself, you couldn't really see his face. If it's him, he is cute I won't lie but I didn't expect any pics like that so early on. I'm not sure.

I am the worst person to give u advice, having never been in a relationship before and being much like the person u encountered. So I speak on behalf of some men that we r just shy and find it hard to talk to women. Now I understand by saying this it could throw u off bc majority of men like u r explaining do that to get in your pants (let's be real here). Guys rlly do want 1 thing (sex). So be weary but it could be that you've met a soft hearted kind gentleman that's struggles w women so I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. Ofc don't meet up w him. Talk to him online if that's what u want but as u said it's up to his reply. If not it doesn't seem like u rlly like him like that so no boggy to your life right? I mean if u don't rlly care about him might aswell move on, unless u feel the need to clear something up then do so. Maybe he was a sound guy? Maybe he was just another d*head. You'll never k unless u get to k him. If he persists w meeting up and not being online friends/ getting to k eachother online then he is trying get in ur pants and confront him online. If it gets messy block him. Easy! Coz at the end of the day he don't k u in person. Goodluck
...just unblock him
Original post by Bang Outta Order
...just unblock him

Tbh that's the right answer instead of my long winded paragraph. U can tell I've been blocked b4 😂😂
Original post by Muhammad Razak
Tbh that's the right answer instead of my long winded paragraph. U can tell I've been blocked b4 😂😂

Nah I think she will find more value in ur comment tbf lol now that I've read it. But yea she should just unblock him. I don't see why she's stressed or guilty. Or he.
Reply 5
Original post by Muhammad Razak
I am the worst person to give u advice, having never been in a relationship before and being much like the person u encountered. So I speak on behalf of some men that we r just shy and find it hard to talk to women. Now I understand by saying this it could throw u off bc majority of men like u r explaining do that to get in your pants (let's be real here). Guys rlly do want 1 thing (sex). So be weary but it could be that you've met a soft hearted kind gentleman that's struggles w women so I wouldn't be so quick to write him off. Ofc don't meet up w him. Talk to him online if that's what u want but as u said it's up to his reply. If not it doesn't seem like u rlly like him like that so no boggy to your life right? I mean if u don't rlly care about him might aswell move on, unless u feel the need to clear something up then do so. Maybe he was a sound guy? Maybe he was just another d*head. You'll never k unless u get to k him. If he persists w meeting up and not being online friends/ getting to k eachother online then he is trying get in ur pants and confront him online. If it gets messy block him. Easy! Coz at the end of the day he don't k u in person. Goodluck

Thanks man, I appreciate your reply. That's what I was feeling guilty over, that maybe he's an alright guy and my paranoia is getting to me. I guess we all gotta start somewhere, right? I'll unblock him and tread carefully. I won't push it with him but I'll also make sure he won't push it with me.
Original post by thisistemp
Thanks man, I appreciate your reply. That's what I was feeling guilty over, that maybe he's an alright guy and my paranoia is getting to me. I guess we all gotta start somewhere, right? I'll unblock him and tread carefully. I won't push it with him but I'll also make sure he won't push it with me.

Sounds good to me. If u feel uncomfortable then tell him that and if he persists with, shall we say weird/ sketchy behaviour, block him and don't think about it coz it's likely he is a creep/ wants to just get in your pants like I said. Anyways good luck, hope he's a sound guy

Quick Reply

Latest