The Student Room Group

I’m going to fail my a level biology

And I don’t know what I’m going to do with my life.
Should I ask my teacher to not consider the assessments when giving my final grade?
If theyre not going to consider the assessments what will they consider when finalising your grade?

As a side note, its teachers who decide what to use.. not students. They need to look for evidence so there has to be some form of assessment.
Reply 2
Original post by Unknown1232003
If theyre not going to consider the assessments what will they consider when finalising your grade?

As a side note, its teachers who decide what to use.. not students. They need to look for evidence so there has to be some form of assessment.

The end of topic tests in the first and second year
Reply 3
Do they mark it and then talk to you about your grades before making a final decision?
what is you're current average grade? im getting mostly C's but i'm trying to memorise all those set model answers (replication of DNA movement of tissue fluid etc) and i find that is helping me get more marks since they are usually 6-9 marks
Reply 5
Original post by Spelunker
what is you're current average grade? im getting mostly C's but i'm trying to memorise all those set model answers (replication of DNA movement of tissue fluid etc) and i find that is helping me get more marks since they are usually 6-9 marks

The papers my teacher set are really hard. Nothing o revise comes up, it’s mostly based on logic
Original post by Anonymous
The papers my teacher set are really hard. Nothing o revise comes up, it’s mostly based on logic

ah, yeah those types of logic questions you usually need to understand the topic, you could try doing past paper questions, since alot of the questions are recycled just in different formats. also have a look at this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4caNO-iJ8-4jGB1WOdo9w she goes over alot of biology topics and makes them easier to understand. its a good way to get a better understanding of topics.
Reply 7
Original post by Spelunker
ah, yeah those types of logic questions you usually need to understand the topic, you could try doing past paper questions, since alot of the questions are recycled just in different formats. also have a look at this youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4caNO-iJ8-4jGB1WOdo9w she goes over alot of biology topics and makes them easier to understand. its a good way to get a better understanding of topics.

Thanks so much, I’ll check this out!!
And I don’t know what I’m going to do with my life.
Should I ask my teacher to not consider the assessments when giving my final grade?

I think you should revise girlboss
Reply 9
Original post by fucharpharmacist
I think you should revise girlboss

I know but I’m #struggling #gonnadie #screwed #killmenow
You don't know what to do with your life? Just carry on with it like everyone, you can't go basing your life over an exam. You aren't screwed even if you do fail
You don't know what to do with your life? Just carry on with it like everyone, you can't go basing your life over an exam. You aren't screwed even if you do fail

You’re right but I am not worth anything and failing my biology exams will prove this even further. I’m trying to apply for jobs but every single application ends in a rejection. And I honestly don’t know the reason to why I’m still carrying on.
I am in the same boat but instead with maths, bio and chem
I am in the same boat but instead with maths, bio and chem

I’m sorry to hear that, do you think you’ll be able to appeal or ask your teachers to reconsider your grade after marking? Do you think they’ll discuss it with you?
You’re right but I am not worth anything and failing my biology exams will prove this even further. I’m trying to apply for jobs but every single application ends in a rejection. And I honestly don’t know the reason to why I’m still carrying on.

So you're basing your self worth on an exam? Stop being so dramatic and grow up. An exam doesn't determine who you are. Just try your best, if you fail move on and do something you are good at plus you can retake as well, not even a big issue
Reply 15
I think it will not be the end of the world :smile:
Keep your head up and look forward

Best wishes~

Quick Reply

Latest