The Student Room Group

UCAS Address help

I’m currently about to start a gap year and have recently just moved house. As I’m applying to uni for 2022 my new address comes under the widening participation address whilst my previous one doesn’t and I was wondering if this will create an issue with my application ? Will the universities be more interested in my previous address where i stayed for the last few years or will they look at my new address instead ? Any help is appreciated !
If you intend applying during a gap year then they will use the address on your UCAS application.
Original post by McGinger
If you intend applying during a gap year then they will use the address on your UCAS application.

thank you for your reply! So even although everything from my school was in my old address its still fine ? Or should i just put my old address just to be safe ? Is there something you have to do to verify your address that might not be obvious apart from putting it into your UCAS application as i might ask my teachers about it when I'm asking if they could write a reference
Original post by Frogribbit123
thank you for your reply! So even although everything from my school was in my old address its still fine ? Or should i just put my old address just to be safe ? Is there something you have to do to verify your address that might not be obvious apart from putting it into your UCAS application as i might ask my teachers about it when I'm asking if they could write a reference

If your new home address is in a totally different area than your last school, then your UCAS referee should mention that you have now moved from that area - this will just stop the Unis getting a bit confused. Do NOT use your old address as a) you are not living there and b) you'll miss out on Contextual offers at the new address.. Btw, you can't actually submit your application until September.
Original post by McGinger
If your new home address is in a totally different area than your last school, then your UCAS referee should mention that you have now moved from that area - this will just stop the Unis getting a bit confused. Do NOT use your old address as a) you are not living there and b) you'll miss out on Contextual offers at the new address.. Btw, you can't actually submit your application until September.

thank you again for your help ! Don't worry I know its in September or else that would have been a bit of a shock, ill make sure to mention to them then that I have moved to avoid the confusion for the unis

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending