The Student Room Group

Mock Exams (A Levels 2021)

Guys I've been hearing that there are secure mock papers (potentially 2020 papers) for A levels and that teachers will be using these instead of a range of past paper questions. Does anybody know if this is accurate information?
Original post by Ronaldinhoe
Guys I've been hearing that there are secure mock papers (potentially 2020 papers) for A levels and that teachers will be using these instead of a range of past paper questions. Does anybody know if this is accurate information?

There is no official news about this, apart from what we heard from the government a couple weeks ago :frown:. From this, i concluded that the papers set by the exam boards are optional for schools and colleges to use and even THEY don’t have any more info than that. My college has said we will have exams in may, but don’t know yet if they will be the ones the exam boards have set. Bit frustrating really
Reply 2
It will vary based on school and what evidence they think they need - I know some of my tutoring students are likely being given full October 2020 papers under exam conditions, while others aren't even being tested on the full specification so can't be given those papers, and will likely be given a mix of past papers and teacher-written questions instead.

Dk how accurate that info is lol but it seems reasonable for it to be true.
What I have heard for maths (in my school we do edexcel), is that they are creating some form of support material for schools to use in the upcoming assessments. It is unclear as of now as to what this will contain, but likelihood is that it will be past questions, secure questions and questions that never made it to past papers.

Schools will receive guidance by the end of this month anyways and I am sure the exam boards will send physical copies of these to schools rather than electronically since if its electronically, it can easily start floating around the internet.
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Dk how accurate that info is lol but it seems reasonable for it to be true.
What I have heard for maths (in my school we do edexcel), is that they are creating some form of support material for schools to use in the upcoming assessments. It is unclear as of now as to what this will contain, but likelihood is that it will be past questions, secure questions and questions that never made it to past papers.

Schools will receive guidance by the end of this month anyways and I am sure the exam boards will send physical copies of these to schools rather than electronically since if its electronically, it can easily start floating around the internet.

The 2020 papers are literally being sold on Reddit. Absolute Madness!
The 2020 papers are literally being sold on Reddit. Absolute Madness!

Where can you find these to purchase? I can't find them on reddit

I've heard the exams are optional. Its upto your college and teachers if they want to go through with it. But evidence will be gathered from mocks, class work, assessments and potential may exams. Good luck x
Original post by Flowerpot2424
I've heard the exams are optional. Its upto your college and teachers if they want to go through with it. But evidence will be gathered from mocks, class work, assessments and potential may exams. Good luck x

Yh most schools are still doing mocks including my school even though it's "optional".
Original post by Tanjim rahaman
Just had mine today and it was a 2021 mock exam paper it was similar to one on YouTube... it wasn’t 2020 and I found it pretty hard and wasn’t the only one

What subject
Original post by clintonldn_
What subject

Does it matter?
Original post by clintonldn_
What subject

Mathematics edexcel
Reply 11
Original post by Tanjim rahaman
Mathematics edexcel

Do you remember which youtube video? Can you hook me up with the paper. Ill accept anything at this point

Quick Reply

Latest