The Student Room Group

feeling disadvantaged may assessments for Alevels

Hey everyone, I'm feeling pretty disadvantaged for my economics final teacher assessed economics exam that I just took today because somehow everyone in my class figured out what extract and questions were gonna come up by searching on the internet and also by using the topics she gave us to revise over for the exams. Everyone was going over their already written answers/essays for the test they had prepared to write in the test. The reason why I feel afraid is that they had already read the extract and planned their answers while I had to do all this under timed conditions. They're obviously gonna score higher than me thus pushing up the grade boundaries my teacher is gonna use for our level results, hence I'm gonna get a bad grade. Is this fair? Should i tell the teacher? what do you think i should do?
(edited 2 years ago)
First I would say just calm down and try not to worry as much. Wait until the grade boundaries come out and just focus on how you can improve. By telling the teacher that everyone somehow knew the exact questions except you, is not going to help anyone because the test is already done and maybe the grade boundaries would be lowered a little bit but it would not have a drastic effect. I'm sure you will do well and I wish you good luck!! :smile:
Original post by study-granger
First I would say just calm down and try not to worry as much. Wait until the grade boundaries come out and just focus on how you can improve. By telling the teacher that everyone somehow knew the exact questions except you, is not going to help anyone because the test is already done and maybe the grade boundaries would be lowered a little bit but it would not have a drastic effect. I'm sure you will do well and I wish you good luck!! :smile:

Its really hard to stop thinking about the outcome as they are my final grades for alevel. I was thinking that if I told the teacher they would be more lenient towards their marking for me and i know that it wont help anyone as they've already written their test , but it will help me as it would also put my mind at ease as I couldn't stop thinking about how everyone knew the questions during the test and really messed up my thoughts and lost time and didn't finish the test. I know that this is due to my fault as i couldn't focus in the test.
Okay, if you feel like your teacher would be more lenient (your lucky to have a nice teacher), then I would say you can email them or ask them to go into a meeting about the test and tell them your concerns and how they would be able to help you
Original post by study-granger
Okay, if you feel like your teacher would be more lenient (your lucky to have a nice teacher), then I would say you can email them or ask them to go into a meeting about the test and tell them your concerns and how they would be able to help you

yh I'm feeling that it will help me move on from this test so I can focus on the others, thank you for your advice and input.
Reply 5
I understand your worry!!! If it was just a one of thing I’d say tell the teacher, but it’s literally thousands of students across thousands of subjects cheating in these exams 😝 It’s so unfair for people who rightfully get their grades 😞
Anytime, I hope you get the grade you wish for!!

Original post by MARTIANAlLIENS
yh I'm feeling that it will help me move on from this test so I can focus on the others, thank you for your advice and input.
Reply 7
Hey everyone, I'm feeling pretty disadvantaged for my economics final teacher assessed economics exam that I just took today because somehow everyone in my class figured out what extract and questions were gonna come up by searching on the internet and also by using the topics she gave us to revise over for the exams. Everyone was going over their already written answers/essays for the test they had prepared to write in the test. The reason why I feel afraid is that they had already read the extract and planned their answers while I had to do all this under timed conditions. They're obviously gonna score higher than me thus pushing up the grade boundaries my teacher is gonna use for our level results, hence I'm gonna get a bad grade. Is this fair? Should i tell the teacher? what do you think i should do?

The same thing happened with me for my bio map. The first one these kids brought the paper online and were getting 70% and I think that will increase the grades needed to be a pass so I’m hella mad as well smh. I’m not close with any of my teachers and they aren’t exactly friendly so I won’t be able to ask them to help with the results. However if you are on good terms with your ones it’s worth a shot. If you leave it too late they may have already sent it of to the universities so good luck.

Why didn't you search for it too?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
Tell your teacher
Original post by Baby_Mama
Why didn't you search for it too?

I thought the paper would come from the locked papers, i didn't think my teachers would stupidly use ones that have been publicly released..
Original post by adina262
The same thing happened with me for my bio map. The first one these kids brought the paper online and were getting 70% and I think that will increase the grades needed to be a pass so I’m hella mad as well smh. I’m not close with any of my teachers and they aren’t exactly friendly so I won’t be able to ask them to help with the results. However if you are on good terms with your ones it’s worth a shot. If you leave it too late they may have already sent it of to the universities so good luck.

I understand your frustration, if I were you I would still talk to you teachers even if you aren't close, you'll never know what can be done.
I did talk to my teachers, they said that they have systems in place so people aren't disadvantaged
Original post by bacar-01
Tell your teacher

yup I did, told all my economics teachers, and my head of year they said they have systems in place so that people aren't disadvantaged.
I’m a teacher. Tell your teacher now.

Your teacher can fix this.

They can assess everyone else again, they can make sure that where the assessment doesn’t fit what they were expecting they throw it out.

There is no advantage to you to keep quiet.

Quick Reply

Latest