The Student Room Group

well i flopped

i think im going to get a cdd in my alevel
c in chem
d in bio and geo
i had offers to do biomed but i dont think im gonna get them now all because of the exam structure changing this year. i heard about clearing and wanted to know if anyone can get into biomed with these grades through that or get into the foundation year for biomed with these grades.
any help is appreciated
how far off your offers are you likely to be? missing by a grade or two can still be okay. i don't think biomed is a frequent flyer in clearing courses, but there's certainly a good chance its available
yeah for a foundation year i can say you could get a place somewhere accredited since the entry requirements are D's in some places (56 ucas points and above or perhaps even lower) but id still encourage you to try get into somewhere better.

you can just look at all the unis accredited by IBMS on their website and check their entry requirements for foundation but don't give up hope, I've seen biomed in clearing before.
Lots of people are worried about grades this year, but Unis will always take some 'near miss' applicants, and you also probably have not done as badly as you think.

If you do get grades that low, I'd recommend that you take a gap year, sit the resit exams in November and reapply for 2022 entry - any Uni asking CDD for Biomed really is not worth going to. You are going to sped £50k on this, make sure you can actually get a sensible job at the end of it all.
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
how far off your offers are you likely to be? missing by a grade or two can still be okay. i don't think biomed is a frequent flyer in

clearing courses, but there's certainly a good chance its available

for biomed I need a bcc. I know they’ve accepted students in the past with a d in one of the subjects but I don’t think they’ll accepted students that have 2 d. I think clearing might be the only option then
Reply 5
Ok thank you for the reply. I searched up uni that offer ibms in West Midlands and aston came up which I put as my first choice. So hopefully I get into the foundation year course there

Original post by mspaghetti
yeah for a foundation year i can say you could get a place somewhere accredited since the entry requirements are D's in some places (56 ucas points and above or perhaps even lower) but id still encourage you to try get into somewhere better.

you can just look at all the unis accredited by IBMS on their website and check their entry requirements for foundation but don't give up hope, I've seen biomed in clearing before.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Lots of people are worried about grades this year, but Unis will always take some 'near miss' applicants, and you also probably have not done as badly as you think.

If you do get grades that low, I'd recommend that you take a gap year, sit the resit exams in November and reapply for 2022 entry - any Uni asking CDD for Biomed really is not worth going to. You are going to sped £50k
on this, make sure you can actually get a sensible job at the end of it all.

Ok thank you.
Original post by adina262
for biomed I need a bcc. I know they’ve accepted students in the past with a d in one of the subjects but I don’t think they’ll accepted students that have 2 d. I think clearing might be the only option then

yes i think you're unlikely to get a place with cdd, if that is what you reasonably expect
Reply 8
Original post by HoldThisL
yes i think you're unlikely to get a place with cdd, if that is what you reasonably expect

Yeah I feel like that’s what I’ll most likely get so hopefully clearing goes good for me
You can. The lower ranked Unis will take students with such grades in clearing (and they tend to be the ones who are accredited with the IBMS for their degree). No problem.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending