The Student Room Group

URGENT! Deloitte Grad Scheme Job Simulation

I have applied for the Human Capital-Organisation Transformation Graduate Scheme at Deloitte. I am due to give a job simulation by the end of tomorrow! I found this forum very late. I don't know if this is the pandemic or in general, but I am panicking a lot and I am drooling in anxiety. PLEASE HELP! Any tips? What questions can I expect? What will be the format of the simulation?
Reply 1
What do you mean you are "due to give a job simulation"? I think you mean "I am due to take a job simulation assessment". These are typically just situational tests. Some of them additionally have numerical tests and video assessments.
Original post by 0le
What do you mean you are "due to give a job simulation"? I think you mean "I am due to take a job simulation assessment". These are typically just situational tests. Some of them additionally have numerical tests and video assessments.

Any special preparations needed?
Reply 3
Original post by johnbernard1
Any special preparations needed?

Just read the email that you were given. It should contain all the advice that you need.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 0le
Just read the email that you were given. It should contain all the advice that you need.

There is no advice as such, it only states that it will be a set of pre-recorded questions.
Reply 5
There is no advice as such, it only states that it will be a set of pre-recorded questions.

So did they tell you whether you need a webcam, a pen and paper, a calculator etc?
Original post by 0le
So did they tell you whether you need a webcam, a pen and paper, a calculator etc?

they have told just a webcam
Reply 7
they have told just a webcam

Right, so there is a video assessment. Most video assessments I have come across ask questions such as "Why the company?", "Why the role?", "What challenges are there is the industry?" and also some competency based questions such as "Describe a time you made a difficult decision" etc.
Reply 8
May also get something a bit different like “how would you try to convince someone to...” or “introduce yourself to your...”
Original post by thrwawy
May also get something a bit different like “how would you try to convince someone to...” or “introduce yourself to your...”

Original post by 0le
Right, so there is a video assessment. Most video assessments I have come across ask questions such as "Why the company?", "Why the role?", "What challenges are there is the industry?" and also some competency based questions such as "Describe a time you made a difficult decision" etc.

In fairness the Deloitte ones are a bit bizarre, nothing to do with the company or service line and instead how do you deal with a colleague with personal issues etc.
Reply 10
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
In fairness the Deloitte ones are a bit bizarre, nothing to do with the company or service line and instead how do you deal with a colleague with personal issues etc.

Fair enough.
Deloitte JS video questions (consulting): 1. Introduce yourself to senior member? 2. You join a new team how would you approach this to achieve success? 3. Your senior messages you late in the day and ask for your help what would you do? 4. Your colleague emails you about a discrepancy in your work how would you resolve this? 5. A time you were successful in a team?
…. 2 email questions 1. Summarise some data about AI (easy take info you calculated from MC q before and then informally sign in and out and give recommendation etc) 2. Coworker emails you with a problem of workload how would you reply (first is part of a 30 min section second is like 8-10 mins limit.
rank and MC questions very simple maths questions of additions of set up cost of AI (add first two columns and read worded part for the is this true questions. Rest are like the questions in previous stage.
Good luck All! I know this part of process sucks
Original post by Mightyx5
Deloitte JS video questions (consulting): 1. Introduce yourself to senior member? 2. You join a new team how would you approach this to achieve success? 3. Your senior messages you late in the day and ask for your help what would you do? 4. Your colleague emails you about a discrepancy in your work how would you resolve this? 5. A time you were successful in a team?
…. 2 email questions 1. Summarise some data about AI (easy take info you calculated from MC q before and then informally sign in and out and give recommendation etc) 2. Coworker emails you with a problem of workload how would you reply (first is part of a 30 min section second is like 8-10 mins limit.
rank and MC questions very simple maths questions of additions of set up cost of AI (add first two columns and read worded part for the is this true questions. Rest are like the questions in previous stage.
Good luck All! I know this part of process sucks

My biggest tip is practice these questions 10 times each, use the practice questions in the beginning to get out of your robotic nervous state and stay loose but enthusiastic…. Always link your answer to the 4 core values …. Integrity, commitment to each other, strength through diversity, delivering greatest value to clients… if you do that confidently you will pass god willing… also use full time to prep you get like 2 mins to prep each vid Q, dont rush
Hi everyone, I was accepted into the Big 4 And have posted some videos on YouTube on my tips on how to pass the application process as well as give hints on one of the hardest questions I was asked on all of my applications. The link to my channel is here: https://youtube.com/channel/UCYCgx6cKa0DeOLem2oq8BaQ

Please feel free to comment any questions you have on my videos and I'm more than happy to help as best I can. I'll be posting more videos too on the application processes so please subscribe too! I wish you all the best!
Reply 14
Hi, I am also about to take a job simulation assessment, could you put me through on questions to expect?
Original post by Mightyx5
My biggest tip is practice these questions 10 times each, use the practice questions in the beginning to get out of your robotic nervous state and stay loose but enthusiastic…. Always link your answer to the 4 core values …. Integrity, commitment to each other, strength through diversity, delivering greatest value to clients… if you do that confidently you will pass god willing… also use full time to prep you get like 2 mins to prep each vid Q, dont rush

Are all the questions timed, or is it only the video questions? Were the numerical questions as difficult as the ones in the immersive online assessment?

Quick Reply

Latest